Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Arus: What a dump!

Options
  • 11-10-2013 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

There are not many things that I don't like about Dunshaughlin but one of them is having to visit Bus Arus to get the 109 home on the occasional times when I'm in town late at night. It has to be the most depressing place in Dublin.

Everything about it: the architecture, the atmosphere, its location in an already grotty part of town...you always half-expect to be accosted by some low-life character as you make your way to the place from other parts of town.

So as much as possible, I avoid having to end up there. I find a better alternative is to get the 70 bus from Astons Quay to Dunboyne where I would have arranged for my better half to pick me up from there.

What a pity Dublin Bus doesn't serve Dunshaughlin, especially when you consider that it serves equally further-away places like Blessington.

Anyway, that's my gripe for today...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Bus Aras is in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

iDave wrote: »
    Bus Aras is in Dublin

And big ben is in london.

Whats your point?

If you are trying to say that dublin bus only do dublin they do go well into kildare/wicklow/louth and as close to us in dunboyne and ratoath. cucina has got a point.

Did you read cucinas post at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

He's trying to say Bus Aras isn't in Meath.

Perhaps take your gripe to the Dublin forum.

Son0vagun wrote: »

Exactly.

The OP was referring to the lack of dublin bus services to dunshaughlin. If the OP could get a dublin bus from a stop in the city instead of a bus eireann bus which has to leave from busaras (which i agree is one of the most depressing places i have ever been), then it would make life easier for them with regards to getting home... to Meath.

It a valid point from a boardsie who lives in Meath and posts in the Meath forum about thing relating to Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Bus Aras is in Dublin

Well, blow me down! And all this time I thought it was in the middle of Main St in
    Dunshaughlin...thanks for the geography lesson.

I must remember that in future I can only mention Meath in the Meath forum and only Dublin in the Dublin forum.

A gripe about a bus service in Meath with a thread title describing a terminus in Dublin as a dump. Makes sense :rolleyes:

You can pick up a Bus Eireann service to Meath by standing on the route with your arm out. you don't have to go to Bus Aras

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

sure isnt most of meath flying dublin flags anyway ........................ohhhhhhh.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Walk out to Phibsboro and get the bus from there ;)

But the OPs gripe is with Bus Aras being a kip. I don't see how this is anything to do with living in Meath. I think the OP might have gotten all defensive after been made feel a little stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

He is right though bus aras is a kip ..I used to work in the big smoke and would get the last 109 home some nights ....staff are unhelpful, junkies and drunks everywhere cold damp etc etc etc

But the OPs gripe is with Bus Aras being a kip. I don't see how this is anything to do with living in Meath. I think the OP might have gotten all defensive after been made feel a little stupid.

Whoa! First a geography lesson, now a psychotherepy lecture...didn't expect so many arrows to be pointed in my direction! So, OK, lesson learned, if it makes you happy. Now if you'd just like to change angle slightly and point your bow and arrows in a different direction...

I point my arrow directly at the Dublin city forum, you can't miss it, your original post should strike up a good debate there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

But if you live in Meath you generally have to go to Busarus to get the bus home to Meath? I don't get why people are griping. I hate having to get the bus from Meath into town purely because I don't want to have to go that hell hole.
    So its either drive or grin and bear it.
    And I'm not walking from the city centre to Phibsborough.

I point my arrow directly at the Dublin city forum, you can't miss it, your original post should strike up a good debate there.

Really?

Mince Pie wrote: »
    But if you live in Meath you generally have to go to Busarus to get the bus home to Meath? I don't get why people are griping. I hate having to get the bus from Meath into town purely because I don't want to have to go that hell hole.
    So its either drive or grin and bear it.
    And I'm not walking from the city centre to Phibsborough.

Which bus do you get? Most stop on O'connell before busaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mooby

Which bus do you get? Most stop on O'connell before busaras

To get the bus home you have to go to Busarus.

Mooby wrote: »

The same could be said for any other county in the country (and beyond), I can't see what this is doing in the Meath section but I digress, I've been all over the world and pretty much every bus/train station I've been to (bar a couple of glaring exceptions) are pretty miserable places you can't wait to get out of (marketing ploy maybe????), Busaras is no exception, though there have been many times I've been glad to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mooby

bladespin wrote: »
    The same could be said for any other county in the country (and beyond), I can't see what this is doing in the Meath section but I digress, I've been all over the world and pretty much every bus/train station I've been to (bar a couple of glaring exceptions) are pretty miserable places you can't wait to get out of (marketing ploy maybe????), Busaras is no exception, though there have been many times I've been glad to see it.

Yes, it works for any county. Read the op to see why this post is in this forum.

Read the op to see why this post is in this forum.

I have, several times, please enlighten me as I don't seem to grasp what you're saying :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Or get it from outside the Matter.....

Hence the reason I drive up, to avoid that kip plus its cheaper :pac:

Sure the op could get the Dublin bus 70 from Dunboyne if they really don't want to go bus eireann.....

There seems to be a lot of annoyance and sensitivity on the part of some contributors here that I have the audacity to mention the D word in the Meath forum.
    I can understand the significance of the D/M border to County Councils and GAA supporters but in reality, the border is kinda fuzzy. Anyone living in Dunshaughlin with a landline is in the 01 Dublin phone directory. Dublin Bus serves towns in Wicklow and Kildare.

On a more personal note on the subject, I was born in Dublin and lived there for most of my life and up to the time I left, I never had any reason to go next nor near Bus Arus. It was only when I got the bus from Meath to town that I first set foot in the place, hence the connection.

I take Bladespin's point about a lot of other public transport places being similarly grotty, but they don't all have to be like that. The main train station in Manchester, for instance, is bright and inviting.

As for one contributors attempt here at psycho-analysis, all I will say is that Sigmund Freud must be up to around 10.000 RPM in his grave at this stage.

Finally, maybe we should all lighten up at this stage. To paraphrase JFK, whether you're from Dublin or Meath, we all breathe the same air!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

What do you really want from a bus depot? It has a roof hat you can wait under for the maximum of half an hour until you can bet a bus. Complain about service if you want, but really, I wouldn't dwell on BusÁRAS.

Go for a pint in the Brew Dock if it bothers you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

CUCINA wrote: »
    Finally, maybe we should all lighten up at this stage. To paraphrase JFK, whether you're from Dublin or Meath, we all breathe the same air!

Not if you're at busarse. The air there is foul.

Not if you're at busarse. The air there is foul.

That's Dublin for ya :p

So your real actual problem is that you live in Meath?

So your real actual problem is that you live in Meath?

I think the phrase "full circle" applies here...see the first sentence in post no.1.

Advertisement