Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom - Co. Meath - am I the only sap still with them?

Options
  • 11-10-2013 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All,

Is there anyone out there, or know anyone, with Ripplecom broadband in Longwood or surrounding region?
    How are you finding your service lately? In fact, how have you found their service since you joined up?!!
    I'm with them nearly 3 years, and if it wasn't for the fact there is absolutely nothing else out here except for mobile broadband, I'd be gone long ago.
    There is always something with them, always an excuse for poor service. They have to be the worst broadband provider ever.

Lately the speeds are dire. I'm on the 8M package, only get about 0.5-1.0M. I recently got moved to the new mast at the GAA pitch in Longwood village, thinking this would help my issues. Their new excuse is illegal interference in the area, that comreg are currently investigating, and nothing can be done about it.

Am I the only fool out here still putting up with them? Please, we need to make a stand, if you're out there, let me know.

thanks/Chef.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Hope for us yet eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

well now that is a good sign! It's about time too. Having said that.....
    1) Eircom are sh*te. The lose more customers than any ISP in Ireland.
    2) Ripplecom have been really consistent the past few months since they rolled out the new mast in the area. Have no complaints with them lately. Which is a first in the three years I've been with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭marcel353

Can I ask where the new mast is?,
    I was very happy with Ripplecom for a few years until service went totally unreliable about a year ago and I had to find another option on Ripplecom advice.

Cheers

M

As far as I know from complaining so much to them that I stopped paying them, the Rathmolyon mast was way too congested. Hence the poor service for most of us. So they moved a lot of us to the new mast that I think is at the GAA club in Longwood, to relieve the pressure.
    Since my re-direction to the new mast, it has been superb. Not a word of a lie. And this is coming from the biggest critic of Ripplecom ever.
    I'm on the 8M package, and I average 5M down, 1M up now (bar the odd lull in the service which is acceptable).

Even right now, peak time (9.45pm) I ran a speed test and am getting 3.85M down, 0.85M up. Pre-new mast days, I'd be lucky to get 1M download.

• Advertisement

Actually, I take it all back. The past week the service has gradually deteriorated. It's getting slower and slower, with bigger latency (bad if you're a gamer). Looks like they're up to their old tricks again being greedy and over congesting the base station.

Fibre optic broadband can't come fast enough. It'll put a lot of wireless ISP's out of service, but who cares, they're mostly sub-par broadband anyway.
    Ireland is so behind in the broadband game. To think, Eircom is our only saviour. Ughh....Shudderrrrr

Advertisement