Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Money transfer to Credit Union account on Banking 365 online

Options
  • 11-10-2013 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to set up a domestic money transfer account on banking 365 to my local credit union account? I read something somewhere about it being possible but that I have to check if my credit union has a bank account with someone so I can get their sort code and account  number. Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bank of Ireland: Michelle

Hi Colemania, 

Yes, it is possible to set up a domestic payment to your Credit Union account on 365 Online.

You will need to contact the Credit Union to request the account number and sort code (nsc) needed to make this payment. When you receive these details, log on to 365 Online and register the payee account details.

You can add a payee to your Bank of Ireland 365 online profile by selecting the 'Add a Payee' tab from the 365 homepage. Make sure you include your Credit Union account number in the reference field. 

Once the payee is activated, you can start making payments to your new payee immediately. 

Thanks 
    Michelle 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi Colemania, 

Yes, it is possible to set up a domestic payment to your Credit Union account on 365 Online.

You will need to contact the Credit Union to request the account number and sort code (nsc) needed to make this payment. When you receive these details, log on to 365 Online and register the payee account details.

You can add a payee to your Bank of Ireland 365 online profile by selecting the 'Add a Payee' tab from the 365 homepage. Make sure you include your Credit Union account number in the reference field. 

Once the payee is activated, you can start making payments to your new payee immediately. 

Thanks 
    Michelle 

Hi Michelle,

Thank you very much for the fast respopnse. So just to breakdown the process of the transfer, am I right in saying that when I set up the Credit Union as a payee and transfer money to them, they will receive the money into their bank account, then they will see my account number in the reference section and proceed to transfer the money to my account?

I have set up payees within my family in the last year and I don't think the references ever showed up on the statements. It would just be the first initial of the person's name plus their surname.

Regards,
    Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bank of Ireland: Michelle

Hi Shane, 

That's right. When you input your Credit Union number in the reference field this allows the Credit Union know who has made a payment. 

Thanks 
    Michelle  

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

That's great Michelle, thanks.

Shane

Advertisement