Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIRST SHOES

Options
  • 11-10-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

My 13 month little boy started walking 4 weeks ago, when should I think about purchasing the 'first pair of shoes' for him? Is it too soon to think about that yet i.e leave him for a little while more yet?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

my daughter is 18 months, and not walking yet, just holding onto furniture, and I got her some pre walkers in Paul Byrons, the Startrite ones... Lovely soft sole, but warm, and the all important grip.
    I think once they are walking properly they advise around 8 weeks for proper leather sole shoes, to give their little feeeets time to adjust

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

I have been putting the soft pre walkers on him when he wants to have a wander outside but then i noticed that they weren't for walking babies, but they are only the ones from 'Next', So maybe I should have got the 'startrite' ones, so maybe I will give him another month or so, he wants to be outside alot but I feel he just isn't ready for the 'proper shoes' yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I got clarks prewalkers for my lo when she was cruising and she wore them for the a few weeks when she started walking properly, they told me in the shop they were fine for out side.
    There feet grow soooo fast . My lo started walking properly at 13 months and now at 17.5 months shes on her fourth pair.
    The first pre walkers a first shoe i bought in clarks. After that i get her measured in the store. Then buy them on shoesforkids.co.uk and save money each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

My little guy started walking about 5 weeks ago and has been cruising for 3 months but it's only in the last week or so that I've seen a big change in his foot. It's lost that club foot look babies have and now looks flatter and more like a normal foot. I'm going to wait another 2 or 3 weeks and then get some proper shoes. At the moment he wears leather moccasins or the soft leather 'shoes' they recently had in Aldi when it's cold or for outdoor walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

If he is confidently walking by himself for the past 4 weeks then he is ready for his first shoes. He may find them heavy/hard to wear for the first couple of days but he'll soon be flying in them. I used to let my child walk in her feet indoors but put the shoes on when walking outdoors, no relevant reason for this but I think she preferred walking around without shoes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement