Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan and Klödi's Party Bus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Costa coffee isn't that bad in fairness, Starbucks is muck. F&B are superior value for fruit and veg, more expensive yes, but fresher, tastier etc. Pity I'm in the Aldi (just rotting or three months from rotting) target paygrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Apples, plums, pears, oranges, passion fruit. Bananas.
    M&S is stupidly expensive when it comes to fruit.

Wait, I believe you've mentioned Tescos? ;) I'm going to get some strong bread flour from F&B tonight (which I can't get anywhere else except for Hopsack, even madder priced than F&B), so I'll take a look on fruits too.
    Pity I'm in the Aldi (just rotting or three months from rotting) target paygrade.

Same here ;) I find nothing wrong with the quality of Lidl/Aldi fruits except for boredom - they're always, always the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Junior

Pippo, the man who's tattoo is now larger than his palmares

BemLCyvCAAAz-Ew.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭buffalo

Junior wrote: »
    Pippo, the man who's tattoo is now larger than his palmares

Only God can fudge me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

"Only God Can Judge Me"?

I'm pretty sure I'm disproving that right now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

bcmf wrote: »
    Surely milk in coffee will get you barred from the bus.
    Doppio Esspresso or nothing.

No more of this milk in coffee nonsense.

Shame on you. In Italy cafe latte for breakfast is a joy.

I have also enjoyed some fantastic cafe au lait in france

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Doppio Esspresso or nothing.

Jaysis no!
    It's caffé doppio. Ristretto if you want to fit in with the locals.
    Caffé latte or cappuccino is acceptable before 11am.

Asking for a doppio espresso will get you two small cups of tourist-grade (weak) coffee. Ask for a latte and you'll get a glass of milk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Costa coffee isn't that bad in fairness, Starbucks is muck. F&B are superior value for fruit and veg, more expensive yes, but fresher, tastier etc. Pity I'm in the Aldi (just rotting or three months from rotting) target paygrade.

found aldi and lidl bannas used go off far too quickly so started buying them loose in grocery or superquinn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

ROK ON wrote: »
    It does have that feel but I would say that it is no more expensive than Keoghs nearby. Cheaper than Pichet. Also cheaper than Fallon & Byrne.
    did mvt tell you about it? He was telling about the 8 bucks place .. thought it was near there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Black bananas are breakfast of champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Bephb-EIQAABy7O.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

What's the ruling on overshoes without leg warmers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

happytramp wrote: »

CORVOS_00021000-142.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Jaysis no!

Asking for a doppio espresso will get you two small cups of tourist-grade (weak) coffee. Ask for a latte and you'll get a glass of milk :)

Thas me put back in my box.
    Between this and the road tax thread I no longer feel welcome.
    I feel a dose if the 'Lusk Doyles' coming on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lycra overshoes, yes. Neoprene, no.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thas me put back in my box.
    Between this and the road tax thread I no longer feel welcome.
    I feel a dose if the 'Lusk Doyles' coming on.

OK - see you in a few weeks then...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Another porky beardy emerging from winter hibernation: Luca Paolini

get-pic.php?repID=20144269&picID=213675&t=small

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Autumn and spring, I wear shorts and overshoes. Cold toes can ruin a spin.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Another porky beardy emerging from winter hibernation: Luca Paolini

get-pic.php?repID=20144269&picID=213675&t=small
    kinda looks like a good looking version of Lenny.

• Advertisement

kinda looks like a good looking version of Lenny.

He's got the Air Attack and all.

Lenny is much prettier though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Jaysis no!

Doppio means double in relation to an espresso - surely due would mean you got two. Or perhaps "una doppio espresso por favor" would be more correct? Most of the locals where I go would normally just ask for a una cafe anyway never heard of anyone ask for a ristretto - seems it's more of a coffee snob thing to do and my local cafe would hardly attract that sort of customer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Or perhaps "una doppio espresso por favor" would be more correct?
    Oi, your coffee is a bird.

Un doppio, non?

Lumen wrote: »
    Oi, your coffee is a bird.

Un doppio, non?

si. mi dispiace .

Doppio means double in relation to an espresso - surely due would mean you got two. Or perhaps "una doppio espresso por favor" would be more correct? Most of the locals where I go would normally just ask for a una cafe anyway never heard of anyone ask for a ristretto - seems it's more of a coffee snob thing to do and my local cafe would hardly attract that sort of customer :)

It's all in the order of the words, apparently. A caffe doppio is what we would call a double espresso. Asking for doppio caffe got me two single espressos in Italy a few years back. The girl behind the bar explained to me that asking for "doppio caffe" was similar to asking for "due caffe".

I go to another bar occasionally where I asked for a caffe doppio and the owner then enquired if I wanted my coffee "ristretto, come un italiano?". The alternative was a longer, weaker coffee which the owner assured me was something only fit for Americans.

The alternative was a longer, weaker coffee which the owner assured me was something only fit for Americans.

Cafe ai lungo! No?

Cafe ai lungo! No?

Aye, but without the ai :)

I was unsure whether it was 'ai' or 'a' but now you say niether?
    I was under the illusion that there was a letter in between to the style you wanted.

It's all in the order of the words, apparently. A caffe doppio is what we would call a double espresso. Asking for doppio caffe got me two single espressos in Italy a few years back. The girl behind the bar explained to me that asking for "doppio caffe" was similar to asking for "due caffe".

I go to another bar occasionally where I asked for a caffe doppio and the owner then enquired if I wanted my coffee "ristretto, come un italiano?". The alternative was a longer, weaker coffee which the owner assured me was something only fit for Americans.

Maybe it's regional? I'd normally ask for un doppio cafe macchiato and get what I ordered or maybe they know I just pretend to speak a bit of italian and take pity on me :)

I once tried to order a coffee for my father in law explaining that I wanted an espresso with hot water and cold milk. They thought I was crazy but then I order cappuccino in the afternoon sometimes and confuse the girls in the local centra by asking for one panino.

Just a little bit freaky

pic430025922_670.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A word of warning if you are planning on getting the Team Sky Kit!!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/542155/chris-froome-s-mesh-skinsuit-sunburn.html

froome-sunburn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bloody hell...Nice marginal gains there sky. Cook the riders alive why don't we

Bloody hell...Nice marginal gains there sky. Cook the riders alive why don't we

I wonder if the entire team are burned or if just one numpty wearing a meshed top forgot to put on suncream.

Raam wrote: »
    I wonder if the entire team are burned or if just one numpty wearing a meshed top

FYP

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Like this bit:
    Detecting a possible chink in Team Sky's usually impenetrable armour, Garmin-Sharp team boss Jonathan Vaughters tweeted back: "Aha! We've found his weakness. Now on to manufacturing motorized ultra violet ray guns for the TdF"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Maybe Sky should bring back Dr Leindeers?

"I thought you said you wouldn't hire any doctors who'd worked in cycling in the bad old days".
    "Well, we tried to do that but then we realised we had nobody with any experience of treating sunburn".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"Well, we tried to do that but then we realised we had nobody with any experience of treating sunburn".

LiveStrong says...
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/88711-care-sunburned-skin/
    "Apply hydrocortisone cream to the skin...Slather the cream on your skin as needed throughout the day."

Science says...
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18490588
    "Treatment with topical moderate-potency or high-potency corticosteroids does not provide a clinically useful decrease in the acute sunburn reaction when applied 6 or 23 hours after UV exposure."

Ah whatever, just shut up and sign the TUE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Maybe it's regional? I'd normally ask for un doppio cafe macchiato and get what I ordered or maybe they know I just pretend to speak a bit of italian and take pity on me :)

I once tried to order a coffee for my father in law explaining that I wanted an espresso with hot water and cold milk. They thought I was crazy but then I order cappuccino in the afternoon sometimes and confuse the girls in the local centra by asking for one panino.

I just go into brown thomas and point and shout colours at them. "4 green, 4 black, 2 red (that's decaf for the missus. She's breastfeeding. ), 4 purple, 4 orange, etc..." They then go "Ah very good sir, cafe al whateverthefcuk." I go "Er, yea, the orange one, yea?"

They then go "Based on your coffee consumption history we have the following recommendations for you..." At which point I'm handing over my wallet and dropping tro for the inevitable riding I'm in for with these fashionable, ridiculously well dressed, handsome men!

The coffee sure is good though!

• Advertisement

Nespresso Doyle.
    I wont slag ya as I was sceptical (and snobbish about coffee in a pod) until my sister in law got one and I had some.
    Quiet surprised.
    Am nearly tempted to get one but their is an espresso maker sitting in the attic as there is no room in the kitchen for it.

I have one. It's had probably the most use I've ever got out of a gadget. Purple or Black for me. Green for the longer coffee. My proper Moka pot has been gathering dust since it arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Would ye not just go to Kaph and drink a nice espresso instead of all that faff?

I've given up coffee for the most part. I was drinking far too much of the stuff we get in work. It's not bad, but when it's virtually on tap it's easy to get carried away, which I did. Now I just limit myself to some Lavazza grounds at home a couple of times a week. Since my grinder broke I can't grind my own beans anymore. My fav way to make coffee is in a percolator. None of yer fancy pants capsules.

Didn't we have the coffee conversation before? I think we established that Diarmuid is the biggest coffee fascist of the lot of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Junior

Raam wrote: »
    Smart Stop Team Photo

I can't wait to slag Creed over that team photo in so so so so many ways..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Beye_yRCIAAdOqa.jpg

Not a fan of the normal kit but the skinsuit looks good, and that rear disk is awesome.

G rock wrote: »

Yes. Perfectly put.When we stop for coffee on todays spin I will nonchantly lay mine on the table while the others update with their unlimited data.
    Lol

Adam Hansen's shoes look like they're ready to go on sale.

tech_one_76_670.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement