Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan and Klödi's Party Bus

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

10150792_725451174153587_93778291_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

10150792_725451174153587_93778291_n.jpg

Jesus H. Is that from today?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

Did another spectator run up and kick him in the balls?

Worth watching this, Orica's behind the scenes video from Gent-Wevelgem

Also I just discovered this Youtuber, great for bluffing if you missed the race (like me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

The Orica Green Edge Video shows the pressure at these cobble races

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Damien Vandamme is this particular turnip's name. He certainly hit the headlines today “I don’t understand the fuss… …I never thought I was in danger.”
    ...from [URL=]http://inrng.com/2014/03/cycling-race-photography/[/URL]

He gets around.
    https://twitter.com/search?v=stream&q=gwphotoguy&src=typd&mode=photos

Did he get the shot he wanted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

buffalo wrote: »
    Did he get the shot he wanted?

Imagine how he felt the moment he realised the lens cap was on.

Boonen looks ripped

6237b7d6b91611e38e280a4ccf08778e_8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

He's the thinnest I've ever seen him, hence all that suffering in the cold of Kuurne apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Boonen looks ripped

6237b7d6b91611e38e280a4ccf08778e_8.jpg

I think the correct term is malnourished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Boonen looks ripped

Just out of curiosity, what sort of body fat percentage would this guy have? It does look a bit scary, IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what sort of body fat percentage would this guy have? It does look a bit scary, IMHO.

It's a bit scary cos he's all tensed, IMHO. He is very skinny these days but this is a little exaggerated. Considering he was known for being one of the bigger guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Mid to high single digit figure, I'd guess.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

would doubt many riders are above 5%

manafana wrote: »
    would doubt many riders are above 5%

One of my favourite Roche columns: http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/nicolas-roche-cyclists-have-a-david-blainelike-capacity-to-make-food-disappear-26677675.html
    At 23 years of age, Biel Kadri is five foot nine and a half and weighs just 10 stone, or 165kg. He is a rake-thin French climber and won a stage of the Route du Sud earlier in the year. Of the whole Ag2r La Mondiale team, Biel had the highest body-fat percentage.

At only 8pc body fat, Biel is by no means overweight. In fact if you saw him walk past, or any of us for that matter, you'd probably say we all need a good feed. But to a cyclist he might as well be morbidly obese and we have been calling him "chubby" since the race began.

I assume 165kg is supposed to be 65kg.

But have to worry about too much muscle also especially upper body muscle ....as it is heavier than fat and also for climbers needs to be carried up a mountain and also needs more oxygen at altitude to function

It's getting the balance right to have enough power and yet be light enough to climb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

my 5% may be have been bit low but assume roches 6% is a good marker, frank lampard in his absolute prime got down to 5.5% before team doctors told him to put on weight.

• Advertisement

I got mine analysed once. 8%. I'm still crap on the bike though.

I don't think Carlos Betencur is at 6% some how

Sam Bennett is on the provisional list to ride the Paris-Roubaix. Like the sound of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sam Bennett is on the provisional list to ride the Paris-Roubaix. Like the sound of that

He was a DNF today not sure of the circumstances though,

If this isn't Party Bus material, then there's no hope for any of us...

302069.jpg

Kudos to 07Lapierre. I hope you don't mind me nabbbing it?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Kudos to 07Lapierre. I hope you don't mind me nabbbing it?
    Is he the one on the right?

:P

• Advertisement

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/07/drone_hacked_to_take_out_triathlete/
    A competitor in an Australian triathlon apparently failed to complete an event over the weekend after being felled by an unmanned aerial vehicle.

Everything Geraldton reports that Raija Ogden was approaching the finish line of the Endure Batavia Triathlon when a “ … remote-controlled copter struck her head and she fell to the ground.” Raija later received three stitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can we send someone to reprimand Dan for this?

BkolvzqIMAAJ3T1.jpg

Inquitus wrote: »
    Can we send someone to reprimand Dan for this?

BkolvzqIMAAJ3T1.jpg

Ssssh. He's sleeping.

Rumour has it that Beasty is already back in action...

302159.jpg

Looks like the stem is a bit short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Rumour has it that Beasty is already back in action...

Reminds me of this...

TDF10_stg16_voigt.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The problem is even if I could get on a bike if I punctured I would be fecked - not a cat in hell's chance I could get a tyre off and back on (may even struggle with the "quick" release!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Inquitus wrote: »
    Partybus take on this look from todays MSR please

Bja7gL3IQAAPOvY.jpg

Y'know, I've been troubled by this for sometime. Even considered a new thread. I always thought the various iterations of Garmin were...cool...current..avante-garde? But this whole thing with POC is...idunno? Is it uber-cool? Supra-nerdy? or Special-needs (in an Eastern Health Board circa 1970 sort of way).

Operation Leg De-hairify is about to commemce. It's been nine months since the last. I may be gone for quite some time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Operation Leg De-hairify is about to commemce. It's been nine months since the last. I may be gone for quite some time!

The wife goes away and the first thing lusky does is shave his legs. Bet the second thing he does is try on her clothes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Wax. Anything else is only making work for yourself.
    Get thee some hot wax and away you go. It feels quite nice actually. God speed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Get it done professionally. The ladies in the beauty salons are generally amazing at their job. Quick and painless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Get it done professionally. The ladies in the beauty salons are generally amazing at their job. Quick and painless.

Anyone can hot wax. It's as easy as sin :pac:
    Get it done once by all means if you have never done it before, but if really is extremely easy to do, bit messy, but have a system of where used wax goes, where you use spatular and you're away with it.

Oh and apply in the direction of hair growth and always, always, rip Against the direction of hair growth.

Good luck!

Fear not, it's not my first time. Done. Razor in a bath of hot water. Simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

If you're having second thoughts just close your eyes and think of Greg Van Avermaet....

Greg-Van-Avermaet200.jpg

• Advertisement

What's unusual about this picture?

_luisle_8d35eb1b.jpg

What's unusual about this picture?

_luisle_8d35eb1b.jpg

Two guys on the same team with different groupsets?

Close. They don't have a groupset sponsor, just deals with Rotor and TRP so they can mix and match.

There's something else though...

Caja Rural in yellow?
    Same team riders with different glasses?
    The rider not in yellow holding a vial that looks suspiciously like the one in the Paris-Robaix test pills thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

There's something else though...

The lacing pattern on the rear wheel suggests re-branding?

Oh, black socks with white shoes :eek:

The lacing pattern on the rear wheel suggests re-branding?

Bingo. He's got FFWD stickers on his Boras.

Ultegra rather than DA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Bingo. He's got FFWD stickers on his Boras.

The last one of these you did about a year ago was the same thing! I don't know anything about wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The last one of these you did about a year ago was the same thing! I don't know anything about wheels.
    Vlad is obsessed with Boras. He's a real Bora about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement