Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan and Klödi's Party Bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

RobFowl wrote: »
    It was this one for me .....

<snip>
    Love that version of their team bike but it was the Panasonic team bike that got my juices flowing as a teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Team managers meeting before the start of stage 17 and after the previous days 'neutralisation'. Everybody turns up in civvys................not Oleg, though. He's off for a spin afterwards, sans helmet, of course........

bettiniphoto_0177452_1_full_670.jpg

oleg didnt/doesnt own a football club in spain? there was an owner of a club a few years back who was only short of making himself club manager aswell as owner except he didnt have the right euro qualifications but an ego the same as Mr T's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭no1murray

t1-jpg.58650

A guy in our club rides a mint one of those but only on really fine days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭no1murray

t1-jpg.58650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

BpTlJvTCUAAd2fX.jpg

Marcel blowing the competition apart :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

tumblr_mtdyieJI441sae80po1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Brian? wrote: »
    That's properly ugly. I tend to like modern design more than most, but that's horrible.

Totally skank. The disjointed top-tube and seat stays make me want to vomit. Any bike which has them usually turns me right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

no1murray wrote: »

Have you licked it that you know the flavour?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    Totally skank. The disjointed top-tube and seat stays make me want to vomit. Any bike which has them usually turns me right off.

It's simply awful looking, bad enough to ride if you've paid to but imagine anyone buying that!!!!!

It doesn't get any better the more I look at it. For **** sake Pinarello, what were ye thinking...

• Advertisement

One of these men is party bus. The other is not so party bus.

10447619_644491882304823_6328941545026132418_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Junior

You'll be glad to know Telekom's old kit is been reused at Real Madrid.. looks it's the wheelsucker one ..

BpdYKd8CcAAX48W.jpg:large

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have a red bike with a white saddle and black tyres. It currently has white bar tape but it is in need of replacing.

Simple question, white, red or black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭rollingscone

CramCycle wrote: »
    I have a red bike with a white saddle and black tyres. It currently has white bar tape but it is in need of replacing.

New bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Rule #8

Valid options are:
    • Match the saddle to the bars and the tires to black; or
    • Match the bars to the color of the frame at the top of the head tube and the saddle to the color of the frame at the top of the seat tube and the tires to the color where they come closest to the frame; or
    • Match the saddle and the bars to the frame decals; or
    • Black, black, black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Paddigol

New bike.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

So, you have a choice.
    1) black tape, in which case, you'll have to buy a black saddle.
    2) red tape, in which case, you'll have to buy a red saddle and red tyres.

You haven't told us what colour the decals are. So that will give you another option.

Personally, In complete disregard to the rules(yes I know, this advise is in breach of the rules), I would go for white tape.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    So, you have a choice.
    1) black tape, in which case, you'll have to buy a black saddle.
    2) red tape, in which case, you'll have to buy a red saddle and red tyres.

You haven't told us what colour the decals are. So that will give you another option.

Personally, In complete disregard to the rules(yes I know, this advise is in breach of the rules), I would go for white tape.

Saddle is white so white bar tape it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Not a new picture but thought it belonged in here nonetheless.

03870d51-8dee-40d7-b5c8-5a4ef8c53a3a-620x372.jpeg

• Advertisement

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/342341/246713.jpg

This is my bike, when it was brand new. I am going to change tyres, bar tape, and possibly saddle. Comfortable with any colour combination, but I might go black-out. Suggestions?

Black, black and black.
    And new black outer cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is my bike, when it was brand new. I am going to change tyres, bar tape, and possibly saddle. Comfortable with any colour combination, but I might go black-out. Suggestions?

The stem angle is too high, ruins the flow into the bars and the look of the front of the bike, imo. And aye black, black and more black!

Needs Campag.

Inquitus wrote: »
    The stem angle is too high, ruins the flow into the bars and the look of the front of the bike, imo. And aye black, black and more black!

Aye, that was when it was new out of the shop :)
    Raam wrote: »
    Needs Campag.

We're talking bartape money here! Plus it's a Felt, not exactly dripping in heritage.

Remove pie plate if not already done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

I reckon a complete black out with red cable outers. I'm a big fan of murdered schemes (all black, it's a car term not sure if it's ever used to describe bikes) but only if it's a plain black frame, when you've got the colours you have on the frame I'd go with accents to compliment those colours. Def black tyres anyway. Can't decide if black or red tape but def all black saddle.

Actually, on mature reflection, I'm inclined to agree about the outers. Red would look good. But red bartape would be overkill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Gonna go against the grain and say the white is great on it! It's blingin, and it suits it.

I'll go hide in the corner now :D

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    I reckon a complete black out with red cable outers. I'm a big fan of murdered schemes (all black, it's a car term not sure if it's ever used to describe bikes) but only if it's a plain black frame, when you've got the colours you have on the frame I'd go with accents to compliment those colours. Def black tyres anyway. Can't decide if black or red tape but def all black saddle.

That sounds pretty good to me. I think I'd like some bartape like this

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/rward325/Bicycles/Pegoretti/Pegoretti%20upgrade/Peg_SR11_32.jpg

gadetra wrote: »
    Gonna go against the grain and say the white is great on it! It's blingin, and it suits it.

I liked the whiteness for a long time but it's a year older now and I think it's due a change. I already have a few sets of black tyres so that's kinda money saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cable outers must be black. It's the law.

Red it is! Thanks Scrappy :D

This is why you're not allowed have shiny new bikes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Red.

Either Zipp:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zipp-service-course-handlebar-tape/

Or SRAM:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/sram-supercork-bar-tape/rp-prod22777

I'm sure which is the hardest wearing yet. They are both fantastic though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This is why you're not allowed have shiny new bikes.

Naww but they'd be so bright and colourful!

Fine I'll close the door on the way out :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

That sounds pretty good to me. I think I'd like some bartape like this

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/rward325/Bicycles/Pegoretti/Pegoretti%20upgrade/Peg_SR11_32.jpg

That's rather fetching.

I hate white bar tape, it looks good when it's put on. It never looks good again.

I'd go blackout.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Red it is! Thanks Scrappy :D

Red looks pretty bad for bar tape and saddles....

https://www.google.ie/search?q=red+bar+tape&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=B7-gU9qOE4uR0QXMs4CIDQ&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1391&bih=805

Stick with white. but with black tyres and cable outers.

Naww but they'd be so bright and colourful!

Fine I'll close the door on the way out :D

People like you are why manufacturers inflict things like this GiantAvailInspireRoadBike.jpg on innocent bicycles.

For shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

The grief I got for having grey outer cables. After that I just threw as much black onto it as I could.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/thetaxman2006/Mobile%20Uploads/20140617_231638.jpg

People like you are why manufacturers inflict things like this GiantAvailInspireRoadBike.jpg on innocent bicycles.

For shame!

Oh dear god no, hate pink and flowery things and that's hideous. If I had that felt though it might have one white tyre, one red, red cables and white saddle and bar tape. It all has to go, no extraneous colour. I have taste you know, pfft! ;)

• Advertisement

Red looks pretty bad for bar tape and saddles....

https://www.google.ie/search?q=red+bar+tape&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=B7-gU9qOE4uR0QXMs4CIDQ&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1391&bih=805

Stick with white. but with black tyres and cable outers.

I just meant the outers, black everything else except maybe some red stitching on the bartape.

FWIW I actually haven't had much trouble keeping the white bartape clean. I've washed it with jif a few times, looks good as new afterwards.

The grief I got for having grey outer cables. After that I just threw as much black onto it as I could.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/thetaxman2006/Mobile%20Uploads/20140617_231638.jpg

Ah to be fair it looks gucci now...and strangely like something that might be involved in rescuing hostages from the Burmese jungle.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

60UEfEx.gif

I just meant the outers, black everything else except maybe some red stitching on the bartape.

FWIW I actually haven't had much trouble keeping the white bartape clean. I've washed it with jif a few times, looks good as new afterwards.

I think Jagwire red outers, with black tyres (white look naff) and keep the saddle and tape as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

FWIW I actually haven't had much trouble keeping the white bartape clean. I've washed it with jif cif a few times, looks good as new afterwards.

Don't forget that it was changed to help out our poor Spanish brothers who can't speak properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Junior

Might or might not be a Party Busy entry ..

But Jimmy Casper and myself at the Tour on Monday .. I'm the cool french looking f*cker on the right ..

314242.jpg

Mmmm, salty ass

10523278_1447614268831865_896305183_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Too much chammy cream.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement