Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reposition Satellite dish ?

Options
  • 11-10-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

My freesat dish appears to have shifted and I have lost my sat channels. All other connection appear to be fine. Anyone local got any suggestions or could have a quick look for me ?
    Tx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You probably just need to do a rescan. There has been a lot of shifting around of channels in the last few days. See this thread over in the Satellite forum ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057052276

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is it just a handful of channels or all channels?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

All the Sat channels are gone - but DTT still OK (different ariel).

I did a rescan but still no joy. They have been gone for 4+ weeks, so doubt anything to do with the frequency lineup

Also, did loaded up the channel line-up directly from USB stick, as there were issue with the Triax box, but no joy.

Will have a look over in the other forum also, but I am really just looking for someone local to have a quick look see rather than trying a new box etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Get your hands on a satellite locator and connect it direct to the cable at the back of the STB. If you have a signal, then its probably bad software or badly configured box i.e. wrong satellites selected

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement