Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are the prerequisites for Meteor to unlock a PAYG iPhone 5?

• 11-10-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Bought it straight up on PAYG at a Carphone Warehouse in December.

It was pretty stupid not to buy straight from Apple.ie already unlocked, but wanted to buy it in person.

Meteor's help page is no good as it 404s. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Nearly certain it's 150 topped up in the last 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cjc0101

hi all it depends on the subsidy meteor gave with your particular phone, was it much cheaper than Apple.ie price? I have unlocked loads of phones from meteor it was usually easy, you need to have over a hundred yoyos spent (120to150)
    you should pm representatives of meteor here, you need your number meteor pin, iemi number usually found behind battery, though Apple would be different so look on outside of box it came in or might be available on iTunes iPhone sync page or settings etc, or you can dial a code into your phone to get it to display it on screen, sorry can't remember it right now. you need to give them name and address
    they might ask security question like mother's maiden name (probably just over phone, customer Care)
    they should be able to tell you then and there if you can get phone unlocked, once I was short €,15 when I rang topped up on computer while I was on got unlock code no problem, one of main reasons I buy phones from meteor, easy unlocked and no network bloat ware on phones like o2/Vodafone/3. otherwise I buy SIM Free if right price.
    hope this helps

Advertisement