Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC woes

Options
  • 11-10-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

So i recently got upgraded to UPC horizon from their old service. The old service runs fine and the wifi was perfect. Ever since i have got upc horizon i have had a problem with xbox live. It disconnects every 20-30 minutes which is extremely frustrating when trying to watch skyplayer, netflix or play a game.

I have been onto upc tech support twice and am bouncing back and forth for 2 weeks with pm's in the talk to UPC forums but to no avail. There are two xboxes in the house and it happens to both of them. Anyone any ideas? This is pissing me off royally at this stage!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We got Horizon 2 weeks ago and I despise it. I thought Sky was bad but Horizon is so much worse. There's a reason that Horizon is cheaper, it's crap. On demand doesn't work at all. It doesn't record programmes. You can't pause it. I switched on our box half an hour ago and all I'm getting is 3 boxes going backwards and forwards on the box, nothing else.

Some days a channel is there and not there later in the day. Often a channel will not let you select it and you have to bugger about with the remote going up and down with the arrows in the hope that you can get to the channel that way.

My husband will try yet again, today to try to get tech support to sort it out. If it isn't sorted out by the end of next week I'm cancelling the contract and they can sue me if they try to hold me to the contract. Honestly, if you're happy with a different provider and are thinking of switching to Horizon to save some money, DON'T, JUST DON'T. I also haven't noticed any increase in the speed of our broadband. I hate Horizon:mad:

Advertisement