Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes - 841 podcasts?!

• 11-10-2013 12:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I was updating my podcasts this morning. Went into a few, right clicked to say 'show old episodes' (to download a handful, but not many), then up on the left menu under library it said I had 454 podcasts. Looked at some other podcasts and again showed some old episodes, now it's saying 841 podcasts. Most of the time I've only about 100 that are actually downloaded or that I'm working through. Is it now thinking that because I'm looking at the list of what's available that's the actual total? :confused:

Running iTunes 11.1.1 on Mountain Lion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

I was updating my podcasts this morning. Went into a few, right clicked to say 'show old episodes' (to download a handful, but not many), then up on the left menu under library it said I had 454 podcasts. Looked at some other podcasts and again showed some old episodes, now it's saying 841 podcasts. Most of the time I've only about 100 that are actually downloaded or that I'm working through. Is it now thinking that because I'm looking at the list of what's available that's the actual total? :confused:

Running iTunes 11.1.1 on Mountain Lion.

Just unsubscribe to a few of the podcasts , it will list all the ones you didn't download either . Should go bk to normal after that .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iTunes doesn’t really handle podcasts properly. It only half syncs with iCloud which seems to cause problems if you use the iOS Podcasts app. I’ve stopped using both.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, I'm not subscribed to many to avoid the the auto downloading thing of stuff I don't want, but I dip into the 'show old episodes' option to see what's there. The number's just a bit nuts. This is just for an iPod Classic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Updated iTunes to 11.1.2. Now it shows over 2,700 podcasts, I think because it's showing all available episodes in each one I have, even if I no longer subscriber to them. The Get Info option is now fixed (re selecting all to bump the volume), that didn't work as well in 11.1.1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There are loads of complaints and angry posts on the Apple Support forum about how podcasts are handled by the new version of iTunes

• Advertisement

Ah, well I'm not at the anger stage yet. :pac:

Well, it's getting annoying now. I said this elsewhere that it keeps downloading podcasts I've listened to. Listen to them commuting, delete from iTunes, but it grabs them again. I thought it might be something to do with listening within iTunes itself, so I moved the time to 0:10 seconds from the end, let it play out and then delete, but no joy there as it seems to download again. I found a big thread on this on the Apple Support Communities site. Hope they sort this.

Fixed in 11.1.3? Hah, nope.

Is anyone aware of a solution for this nonsense?

Advertisement