Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gym clothing for women

• 11-10-2013 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Any one know any good websiteso n line for women;s gym clothing,
    Its the other halfs birthday coming up and looking to get her a few bits, Now im not looking for your normal brand like NIke and Reebook, looking for something different like for instance Gymshark or someother brand thats spesfic to the gym clothing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

My friend is a p.t and like this crowd
    http://www.stepnpump.com/shop-by-brand-stepnpump.irc?cName=shop-by-brand-stepnpump&pg=1

some other different brands mentioned here

http://www.businessinsider.com/hot-brands-vying-to-be-the-next-lululemon-2013-3?op=1

the VS stuff is supposed to be great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mitty87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rubylolz

TKMaxx normally have a wide variety of gym gear in stock at a discounted price... might be worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

TK maxx is brilliant for that sort of thing, also give penneys a try, I got some great bits in there which are actually really durable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hi all

Hoping to resurrect this thread. Does anyone have suggestions of where to buy to buy cheap gym clothes? Have gotten some of the adidas and nike stuff in the sports shops and it is great quality, but its mad expensive and when its put through a washing machines once or twice a week it doesn't last any longer! Have gotten a few bits from sports direct which is very reasonable, but dont find that the quality is as good. Any other suggestions would be great! In particular looking for decent tight fitting tshirts (with sleeves) that are not really short. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Wiggle.com, mandmdirect, sportsdirect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 adohar

TK Maxx can be great for gym gear. I've got lots of stuff there and haven't had problems with the quality. They have all the usual labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Dunnes have some gym gear in stock at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Mimojo wrote: »
    Hi all

Hoping to resurrect this thread. Does anyone have suggestions of where to buy to buy cheap gym clothes? Have gotten some of the adidas and nike stuff in the sports shops and it is great quality, but its mad expensive and when its put through a washing machines once or twice a week it doesn't last any longer! Have gotten a few bits from sports direct which is very reasonable, but dont find that the quality is as good. Any other suggestions would be great! In particular looking for decent tight fitting tshirts (with sleeves) that are not really short. Thanks

Penneys have some really nice stuff at the moment http://www.her.ie/style/trend-spend-bargain-gym-gear-from-penneys/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

123 LC wrote: »
    Penneys have some really nice stuff at the moment http://www.her.ie/style/trend-spend-bargain-gym-gear-from-penneys/

The Penneys stuff isn't worth it in my opinion. It looks the part, but the fabric is just cheap synthetic with no anti-moisture or wicking properties- it will stink after a few wears. The Dunnes stuff is made of technical fabric though- got a lovely fluorescent yellow long-sleeved running top there last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Magenta wrote: »
    The Penneys stuff isn't worth it in my opinion. It looks the part, but the fabric is just cheap synthetic with no anti-moisture or wicking properties- it will stink after a few wears. The Dunnes stuff is made of technical fabric though- got a lovely fluorescent yellow long-sleeved running top there last week.

Have to agree, got a pair of Pennys legging 2 weeks ago, and although they look ok, on closer examination they are made with a really cheap fabric, and when you bend over in any way they are see-through!! Might try out some of the Dunnes stuff, looks good. Also got a USA Pro leggings and sports bra in Sports World & find the quality really good, and not as expensive as the main sports brands . The Karrimor stuff isnt too bad either

sportsdirect are brilliant, I love my stuff from there
    Am going to have a look in that "direct sports" shop on henry st also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

I've a few of the penneys sports tshirts, and find them grand. I got USA pro leggings from sports world and while the leggings are ok for gym stuff like spinning, I've found they slip down when I'm out jogging. Which is a right pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

The pure simple range in JD Sports is very good, stands out a bit and a great price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I've a few bits and pieces from H&M and they're lasting well.

bluewolf wrote: »
    sportsdirect are brilliant, I love my stuff from there
    Am going to have a look in that "direct sports" shop on henry st also

It was ages ago, but I was really disappointed in Direct Sports. Having been in Sports World in the UK (like sportsdirect.com but bricks and mortar) I thought it would be similar. I guess that's what they're going for with the name and colour scheme. But I couldn't find anything I was looking for. It was mainly stuff for people who want to wear trackies/sports clothing out rather than actual fitness gear.

I do love sportsdirect.com though, I think they're brilliant, and the karrimor stuff is both cheap and IMO good quality. For an actual shopping trip I'd use JD sports though. They're the cheapest place I've found that do those amazing Nike sports bras, and the staff must be on commission because they're so friendly and helpful.

It was ages ago, but I was really disappointed in Direct Sports. Having been in Sports World in the UK (like sportsdirect.com but bricks and mortar) I thought it would be similar. I guess that's what they're going for with the name and colour scheme. But I couldn't find anything I was looking for. It was mainly stuff for people who want to wear trackies/sports clothing out rather than actual fitness gear.

Me too, was disappointed
    Wasn't impressed with champion sports either and ended up ordering from sportsdirect again instead
    There is a top I want in CS though so I will go back...

Advertisement