Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre - when is going live in my area

Options
  • 11-10-2013 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

limerick(semi rural)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

damienirel wrote: »
     limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Have you checked the efibre map yet? It's really helpful and offers the best indication and information on efibre availability.

Follow here : http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Let me know if you have any further questions after checking the map out.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Have you checked the efibre map yet? It's really helpful and offers the best indication and information on efibre availability.

Thanks

Al
    I have, it says it's live. I checked my number online - it's not eligible.  I rang Eircom sales dept. they checked line also and told me it wasn't available. I told them cabinet is at the end of my road appox. 1.2 km away from me and could they give me a rough estimate as to WHEN it will be live as the map is completely wrong. He told me he didn't see any plan for my area. He could tell me the areas that will be going live in Limerick. Although my area is supposed to be live since July. I'm just wondering have we been forgotten about? - it looks like it. If Newcastle West is going live soon and somewhere just outside Limerick City has no plans!! ;-)

limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al
    I have, it says it's live. I checked my number online - it's not eligible.  I rang Eircom sales dept. they checked line also and told me it wasn't available. I told them cabinet is at the end of my road appox. 1.2 km away from me and could they give me a rough estimate as to WHEN it will be live as the map is completely wrong. He told me he didn't see any plan for my area. He could tell me the areas that will be going live in Limerick. Although my area is supposed to be live since July. I'm just wondering have we been forgotten about? - it looks like it. If Newcastle West is going live soon and somewhere just outside Limerick City has no plans!! ;-)

Hi damienirel

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I've double checked this and I can confirm that although efibre has launched in areas advised as enabled on the map not all locations in these areas will be able to avail of an upgrade as works will be ongoing over the next year.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Unfortunately we are unable to offer an estimated timeframe or date as to when specific locations within the highlighted areas from the map will be efibre enabled.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

Hi damienirel

I've double checked this and I can confirm that although efibre has launched in areas advised as enabled on the map not all locations in these areas will be able to avail of an upgrade as works will be ongoing over the next year.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer an estimated timeframe or date as to when specific locations within the highlighted areas from the map will be efibre enabled.

Thanks

Al
    Is there any plans to correct the map??

limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

Hi damienirel

I've double checked this and I can confirm that although efibre has launched in areas advised as enabled on the map not all locations in these areas will be able to avail of an upgrade as works will be ongoing over the next year.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer an estimated timeframe or date as to when specific locations within the highlighted areas from the map will be efibre enabled.

Thanks

Al
    Hi damienirel

I appreciate that the map may seem to indicate that efibre is available to all lines in the highlighted areas but that is why there is a line checker and a message located below the map stating :

"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied."

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al
    Hi damienirel

I appreciate that the map may seem to indicate that efibre is available to all lines in the highlighted areas but that is why there is a line checker and a message located below the map stating :

"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied."

Thanks

Al
    You'd make a good politician! :-)

I appreciate that it's not going to be 100% accurate. However in this case the map grossly over-exaggerates how far outside the actual boundaries efibre is available. The cabinet at the end of my road is miles inside the boundary of "live efibre since July". None of my neighbours (who live next to the cabinet) have efibre.
    So in a nutshell "No plans for changing the map because it has a disclaimer - that gets Eircom off the hook".

limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

I appreciate that it's not going to be 100% accurate. However in this case the map grossly over-exaggerates how far outside the actual boundaries efibre is available. The cabinet at the end of my road is miles inside the boundary of "live efibre since July". None of my neighbours (who live next to the cabinet) have efibre.
    So in a nutshell "No plans for changing the map because it has a disclaimer - that gets Eircom off the hook".
    Hi damienirel

I really don't mean to come across as evasive to the question :)

I do understand the point you are making. The message I'm trying to convey here is that even though the map shows an area as being efibre enabled, not all locations within that area are upgraded yet as works will be ongoing into the future.

I understand it would be much more effective and helpful to highlight the locations not enabled yet but I've previously had confirmation from operations that there are no plans to do this.

Hope this makes things clearer damienirel

Al

limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

Hi damienirel

I do understand the point you are making. The message I'm trying to convey here is that even though the map shows an area as being efibre enabled, not all locations within that area are upgraded yet as works will be ongoing into the future.

I understand it would be much more effective and helpful to highlight the locations not enabled yet but I've previously had confirmation from operations that there are no plans to do this.

Al
    Definitely - btw I used to work for Eircom. :-) Thanks Al.

limerick(semi rural)
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al
    Hi damienirel

Thanks

Al

Hi damienirel

Al
    Definitely - btw I used to work for Eircom. :-) Thanks Al.
    Thanks damienirel

Have a great day :)

Al

Advertisement