Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season One Week 5 Results

Options
  • 11-10-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Packers down the Lions 36-7 to tie up the division at 3-1 with the Bears and Vikings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Browns beat the Bills 28 - 24 made hard work of it 10 - 0 down after the first quarter cpu running game is impossible to stop Manuel just took off he must have had over a 100 yds defenders just bounced off him as soon they touched him Richardson out for five weeks as well didnt make for a fun game still better than watching Ireland try play football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Carroller, Officially ruining the 49ers since 2013!

Texans 73 - 49 49ers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Carroller wrote: »
    Carroller, Officially ruining the 49ers since 2013!

Texans 73 - 49 49ers :(

Biggest ****fest...that is all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I oh away and look at the carnage that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

49 points and lose! What are you .... The Dallas Cowboys?

We need a full report on this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

madalig12 wrote: »
    49 points and lose! What are you .... The Dallas Cowboys?

We need a full report on this one!

I can't remember, it was just a blur of missed tackles and kick returns

Is the summary saved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I can't remember, it was just a blur of missed tackles and kick returns

Is the summary saved?

Yeah I think they are when you open the league schedule and click on that score. Sounds like an entertaining outing.

Got it down to 14 points and then stopped the texans on downs and when receiving the punt my receiver tried to catch it but instead decided to head the ball and leading to a fumble! Dunno how I haven't smashed the game yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Broncos 21-28 Cowboys.

A huge game in Dallas lived up to expectations as a great contest. The game took until the 2nd quarter to see a TD, as the Cowboys were picked off on the opening drive before Sean Lee responded by forcing a fumble, but Romo was again picked off and the Broncos took 3 points. Demarco Murray barely made it over the line from a Romo pass, and the final minutes of the first half were crazy and shaped the whole game. With the score at 3-7 the Cowboys came up with a big pick in the redzone courtesy of Sean Lee and capitalised with a TD from Romo to Bryant, on the kickoff Wes Welker gave up a pretty weak fumble which was immediately punished by a TD pass to Jason Witten. Peyton managed to march the Broncos downfield for a TD score to make it 10-21 at half, but not before an absolutely insane kick return TD by Leon Washington was pulled back for clipping.

2nd half the Broncos received but were forced to kick a FG to make the score 13-21, but some great pass D forced a Cowboys punt and after some good rumbling by Knowshon Moreno the Broncos were a 2pt conversion away from being level in the 4th Q. The 2pt was good and it was on Romo to win the game, something nobody involved with the Cowboys wants to hear. Key passes to Witten and Williams lead the charge into Bronco territory, before Demarco Murray broke off a 30 yard TD with about a minute left. Peyton had to go hell for leather and a deep pass was picked off by Sean Lee (notice a trend here? the guy is amazing). Murray ran out the clock and the Cowboys took home a big win.

Great game Adlum, really could have gone either way and you were unlucky not to get the win here. Good luck with the season, hopefully I don't have to meet your pass D again!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Bears move to 4-1 with a 28-21 win over the now 3-2 Saints.

Brilliant game between Raoul and myself here, with offense the order of the day. Neither team made a stop all game!

I don't have the scoring summary to hand as I accidentally exited the game before I got the chance, but both teams traded long, time-consuming drives and TD's for the 4 quarters, before the defining moment:

Saints were down 7 and backed up on their own five before a few big plays moved them into the red zone. With a chance to tie the game with 3 minutes left Brees tried to hit Jimmy Graham, but the excellent Bears coverage who kept Graham quiet after a big first quarter, won this battle as MLB D.J. Williams came up with the pick.

There was still work for the Bears to do though, and they came up with a big play with a Cutler throw to Brandon Marshall when the Saints had gambled on a run on 3rd and 2 hoping to make a stop to get the ball back. That allowed the Bears to run out the clock with a couple of Forte runs.

Great game Raoul, I really enjoyed it. Good to speak to you also. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Thanks,

Yeah it was a very good game. My drive with 1 min left in the second quarter also was a huge help. If I had of been going in level at HT and you receiving, the second half could have been a totally different story.

Jimmy Graham was excellent and I think that was the first time you passed to him that he didn't actually get the ball.

Very enjoyable game, unlucky for you but with that offense I am sure you will do ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks go 5-0 with a win at Indianapolis !

Seahawks 28
    Colts 24

Q1 colts recieve and pretty much drive up the field untouched and score with a 13 yard pass to Fleener on an out route,
    Q2 Seahawks cautiously run the ball mainly up the field before lynch runs it in, colts then drive up and go 3 and out in the Redzone and kick a field goal, again Seahawks carefully run the ball up field, about midfield Wilson breaks out a run on the option! Touchdown!
    Q3 Hawks recieve but get nothing going and punt, colts again untouched drive up and score, Q4 wilson hits golden Tate for a 40 yard pass, then lych runs it in from the 1! Colts then go 3 and out and punt back to Seahawks, screen to lynch sees him run it in for 40yards.
    Now 1:55 left on clock colts receive and start to drive up the field while burning the clock, down by 4 they need a TD, pass after pass, they make it to hawks 37 yard line. 1st down. Luck drops back and let's off a pass in Reggie Wayne's direction in the middle if the field but Lane is on him like white on rice... Interception!!!!!! Seahawks kneel out the last min.

Great game thought I was going to have heart failure! Also think colts had a fumble in there somewhere!

Wilson 6/11atts for 142 yards, 1Td pass, 2td rushing, 0 int
    Luck 16/20 atts for 237 yards 2 TD pass, 1int

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Seahawks go 5-0 with a win at Indianapolis !

Seahawks 28
    Colts 24

Q1 colts recieve and pretty much drive up the field untouched and score with a 13 yard pass to Fleener on an out route,
    Q2 Seahawks cautiously run the ball mainly up the field before lynch runs it in, colts then drive up and go 3 and out in the Redzone and kick a field goal, again Seahawks carefully run the ball up field, about midfield Wilson breaks out a run on the option! Touchdown!
    Q3 Hawks recieve but get nothing going and punt, colts again untouched drive up and score, Q4 wilson hits golden Tate for a 40 yard pass, then lych runs it in from the 1! Colts then go 3 and out and punt back to Seahawks, screen to lynch sees him run it in for 40yards.
    Now 1:55 left on clock colts receive and start to drive up the field while burning the clock, down by 4 they need a TD, pass after pass, they make it to hawks 37 yard line. 1st down. Luck drops back and let's off a pass in Reggie Wayne's direction in the middle if the field but Lane is on him like white on rice... Interception!!!!!! Seahawks kneel out the last min.

Great game thought I was going to have heart failure! Also think colts had a fumble in there somewhere!

Wilson 6/11atts for 142 yards, 1Td pass, 2td rushing, 0 int
    Luck 16/20 atts for 237 yards 2 TD pass, 1int

Yes we had a Fleener Fumble that you got a TD from, and we also had a 1st for me, Reggie Wayne running into TY Hilton on a slant and the ball going between them with acres in front of him, i had to punt it then and you got the game winning TD, good game Padraic, taught i had you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yes we had a Fleener Fumble that you got a TD from, and we also had a 1st for me, Reggie Wayne running into TY Hilton on a slant and the ball going between them with acres in front of him, i had to punt it then and you got the game winning TD, good game Padraic, taught i had you.

Yeah mate I didn't think I turned up! You played far better than me, I think I got a bit lucky..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets overcome the Falcons 42-27. Both QB's had 2TD and 2picks although Atlanta had 311yds and Jets 159. Difference was on the ground where NY had 239yds to Steven Jackson's' 42. Major turning point in the game was Joe McKnight's kickoff return to the house.

Close game Gatsby, think you underestimate your ability, some fabulous passing. Enjoyed the chat and the howls at the non picks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Berty44 wrote: »
    Jets overcome the Falcons 42-27. Both QB's had 2TD and 2picks although Atlanta had 311yds and Jets 159. Difference was on the ground where NY had 239yds to Steven Jackson's' 42. Major turning point in the game was Joe McKnight's kickoff return to the house.

Close game Gatsby, think you underestimate your ability, some fabulous passing. Enjoyed the chat and the howls at the non picks !

Most of those thanks to #52!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Yeah mate I didn't think I turned up! You played far better than me, I think I got a bit lucky..

You won thats all that matters, looking back we both had good games, for me i dont think i could've done anymore to win, offense was very good and defense was solid enough. the Wayne/Hilton collision was crucial for me, 3rd quarter and i was ahead and had wayne caught it, i would've been in good field position and been able to run the clock down more, anyway all that dont matter now all in all it was a good game and best of luck with rest of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I managed to lose to the CPU. And even worse it was the Raiders.

2 TDs down with 1:38, scored one and then miraculously recovered the onside kick.

And then I threw another pick.

I lost to the CPU rams last week to a Hail Mary with one minute left!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Pats squeak past the Bengals in OT.

Extremely close game. Time in possession nearly identical. Same with the total offense.

After a very cagey 1st quarter with the teams trading 3 and outs a few times, the game came to live in the 2nd quarter.
    Ridley runs in for the go ahead score after Pats get a short field when a heavy hit on Dalton, as he tried to scramble, coughs up the ball.
    Some nice plays by the Bengals lead to a pass to Bernard and its all level.
    2mins or so left and Brady drives down the field but are stopped short on the 20yd line. 4th and inches but after being burned by the CPU back in week 1, Mister Coach Klein decides on the FG.
    55secs to go and Dalton airs it out and Green beats Talib and then nips past Wilson to score.

HT 14-10 to the Bengals.

Bengals receive and drive down field using Bernard to good effect and some mad scrambles from Dalton, that left the Pats coach screaming!! Pressley bundles the ball over and its 21-10!
    After his heroics last week Ridley is given the ball again and again, driving the ball down the field. That coupled with Brady throwing to the safe hands of The Gronk. Pats score and then convert the 2 pointer.

4th quarter and Bengals have the ball but a costly INT means Brady gets the ball and a few plays later a FG is the result. 21-21 and Bengals have time to get into field goal range.
    A good kick return and they're at the 35. Another pass and at the 50. Time ticking down. 38yd line. Timeout. 2nd down. Dalton drops bakc to pass. Sack and an 8yd loss. 8secs left. Bengals got all or nothing and fire a bomb down the field. Its picked by Wilson and we're heading to overtime!!

Pats win the toss and receive, start at the 21. Ridley goes beast mode and has 3 Bengals hanging off him but still manages to fall forward. This happens a few times leading to a berating from the Bengals head coach.
    They drive to the 3yd line and its time for Blount and the goaline set. He powers thru and thats the game!!

Great game Adrian those picks and fumbles really hurt ya. Ridley is in great from at the moment (22 carries for 164yds and 2TDs)
    Bernard is a slippery customer as well, and can't believe that Dalton had 30yds rushing!!
    Best of luck with the rest of the season!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Very well played, well deserved victory. I had a feeling I was going to lose from a long way out, even when I was leading.

Good drive at the end, pretty much used up all of OT.

Advertisement