Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out how much social welfare you received in a year

Options
  • 11-10-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I'm filing my Self Assessed Tax Return for 2012 at the moment and I need to know how much I received in Social Welfare for the year. I was on Jobseekers Allowance and a Jobbridge placement for a while before I took up the self employment so it's not as easy to work out how much I got as just adding up.

Does anyone know of any way I can find out exactly how much I was paid for the year from the Social Welfare themselves?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rexsavage

Thank you. It seems I have to ring them anyway. Sure why would they put the two most common types of payment on the online order list?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Did you not follow the link that says click here to request a statement of Jobseekers Allowance or Jobseekers Benefit?

I don't think he realises it's an online form. I'll let you break it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You are better off going into your local office and asking for a statement - I've heard of people waiting for months after filling out an online statement request

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 rexsavage

Hi, thanks for all the replies. My internet was down all weekend so I've only just gotten to get a gawk back in on this now. I only noticed the seperate link at the top of the page I only got a quick look in on the page on Friday and when it didn't have either Jobseekers in the dropdown I assumed it wasn't there.

I did asssume that an online application for a form would be an online form thanks for the bout of sarcasm there snubbleste. But I think I may just drop in as you say Mango Salsa, knowing the speed at which everything is processed I think it's the best option.

Cheers again.

Sarcasm.. moi?!

Apply online. You will get it by the end of the week!

Advertisement