Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how does a costomer get his ten per cent discount, a guy called at the door and was f

Options
  • 11-10-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

as above

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hello big barrie,

Customers who switch to Electric Ireland for electricity or gas and pay by direct debit can avail of an 8% discount off units used, plus an additional 2% discount off units used for having online billing.

Customers who switch to Electric Ireland for both electricity and gas (Dual Fuel) and pay by direct debit can avail of all of the above applied to each fuel.

Making the switch online for electricity only or for Dual Fuel, entitles the customer to a €30 credit on their electricity account.

Do let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Hello big barrie,

Customers who switch to Electric Ireland for electricity or gas and pay by direct debit can avail of an 8% discount off units used, plus an additional 2% discount off units used for having online billing.

Customers who switch to Electric Ireland for both electricity and gas (Dual Fuel) and pay by direct debit can avail of all of the above applied to each fuel.

Making the switch online for electricity only or for Dual Fuel, entitles the customer to a €30 credit on their electricity account.

Regards,
    Una
    My last couple of bills does not reflect this discount?

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi dmca77,

If you'd like me to review your account, please send us a PM confirming your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number.

Please also state if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭big barrie

Hello big barrie,

Regards,
    Una
    .thankyou i am a costomer , can you give me a phone number so i can talk to a member of staff, thank you

Hi again big barrie,

If you are already an Electric Ireland customer for electricity alone, you can avail of a 4% discount for direct debit and a 2% discount for online billing (eliminating paper billing).

If you have electricity and gas, you can avail of the 10% off each fuel (as outlined in my last reply).

I can arrange a callback for you if you private message me your name, address, Electric Ireland account number and contact telephone number/best time to contact you.

Or, if you would like to contact Electric Ireland yourself by telephone, the number for this type of query is: 1850 30 50 90.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Could I avail of these if I send you my details? I already direct debit but I dont think i get anything off, can change to e-billing also

Hi Tar.Aldarion,

Of course. Here is the link on our website for registering online billing.

Is it just the electricity discounts of 4% and 2% you wish to have applied? Or are you interested in Dual Fuel (electricity and gas; 10% and 10%)?

Regards,
    Una

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

6% sounds good, I dont control the gas to my apartment block, we all just pay the landlord etc. I would if I could. :)

That's perfect. :)

If it suits, I will arrange a callback to you if you private message your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address and the best telephone number/time to get you at. One of our telephone advisors can go through the terms with you, and if you are agreeable, they will apply the discounts to your account.

Kind regards,
    Una

All right sounds good , is there anywhere I can read the terms? Does this set up some for of new contract length

• Advertisement

Hi again Tar.Aldarion,

I can outline the terms for you no problem:

This would be a contract that expires on 31st December 2014. If a customer signs up for the price-plan and then changes supplier before the above date, a €50 exit fee from Electric Ireland is applicable.

Regards,
    Una

Thanks Una great stuff, what if I had to move address? Is this for the 4% or the direct debit too, sorry bout all the questions (as I may move soon)!

Hi again Tar.Aldarion,

No problem at all. If you have the 4% discount for direct debit and the 2% discount for online billing applied, change of address before the contract is up will not make any difference; only change of supplier from Electric Ireland.

Regards,
    Una

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

dmca77 wrote: »
    My last couple of bills does not reflect this discount?

Regards
    Discount is on usage and not total bill. So it's almost useless discount.

Hi Tharmor,

Yes, the discounts are applied to units used and not recurring charges (standing charge, PSO levy).

The value of the discounts is applied to the account as a credit, which is detailed towards the end of the bill, on the second page. The discounts are removed once the price-plan expires.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement