Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long untill account is cancled

Options
  • 11-10-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭

hi
    Iam with sky for broadband and signed up with a eircom rep for efiber.
    i have an Installation date of the 16 of oct.
    I cancled the efiber with eircom  a week after i signed up as sky are charging 40 euro a month for the remainder of the contract that i had with them.I have about 4 months left with sky.i got on skys trial for broadband so that means i am only paying 10 euro a month.
    i though iwould only have to pay 40 in chages from breaking the contract but i have to pay 160 euro.
    i now have got a letter saying that my broadband services are are being cancled with sky and are being taking over by another provider(eircom)even though i cancled the order.

how long does it take for the order to be cancled as i am going to be with out broadband from the 16 of oct.sky will cut me off and seeing that i have cancled the efiber with eircom i will have nothing.
    please help with this as my uan number has being blocked because it is still being cancled down  with eircom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

naughto wrote: »
    hi
    I cancled the efiber with eircom  a week after i signed up as sky are charging 40 euro a month for the remainder of the contract that i had with them.I have about 4 months left with sky.i got on skys trial for broadband so that means i am only paying 10 euro a month.
    i though iwould only have to pay 40 in chages from breaking the contract but i have to pay 160 euro.
    i now have got a letter saying that my broadband services are are being cancled with sky and are being taking over by another provider(eircom)even though i cancled the order.

how long does it take for the order to be cancled as i am going to be with out broadband from the 16 of oct.sky will cut me off and seeing that i have cancled the efiber with eircom i will have nothing.
    please help with this as my uan number has being blocked because it is still being cancled down  with eircom
    Hi naughto

Please PM me your landline number and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

hi

Hi naughto

Thanks

Al
    pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hi

Hi naughto

Thanks

Al
    pm sent
    Hi naughto

Thanks for that, I'll look into this and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks

Al

hi alan do you have any up date for me?
    i got a letter this morning from eircom saying my bank will be debited on a certain date.
    i also got a letter saying that the installation will take place on the 16th of oct.

i cancled the order about 3 weeks ago so why am I getting these letters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

i got a letter this morning from eircom saying my bank will be debited on a certain date.
    i also got a letter saying that the installation will take place on the 16th of oct.

Hi naughto

A manager in the eircom win back team got back to us regarding the request Al sent on as follows.

"Nothing has come in for that on the winback system, which should have at this stage if the transfer to eircom had processed, so it should be cancelled. We will check the system  again next week just to make sure it has not and will not transfer to eircom"

So the order has been cancelled as far as we have been advised.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi naughto

A manager in the eircom win back team got back to us regarding the request Al sent on as follows.

"Nothing has come in for that on the winback system, which should have at this stage if the transfer to eircom had processed, so it should be cancelled. We will check the system  again next week just to make sure it has not and will not transfer to eircom"

Thanks, Mark
    ok thanks for the update.

Hi naughto

Thanks, Mark
    ok thanks for the update.
    No problem. 

Mark

hi mark

Can you find out why my uan number has being blocked.
    from what ye have said the order has being canceled so why is he uan number blocked?

hi mark

from what ye have said the order has being canceled so why is he uan number blocked?
    Hi naughto

Have you contacted your current provider to check that?

Mark

hi mark

Hi naughto

Mark
    yes i have because i got a letter from sky to say eircom where taking over my broadband services.
    i rang sky to see what the story is.they have told me that eircom have the line.

why would the uan nuber be blocked in the 1st place?

• Advertisement

hi mark

Hi naughto

Mark
    yes i have because i got a letter from sky to say eircom where taking over my broadband services.
    i rang sky to see what the story is.they have told me that eircom have the line.

why would the uan nuber be blocked in the 1st place?
    Hi naughto

I have asked the eircom winback team to check again. Hopefully we will get an update today.

Mark

thanks mark

Iam trying to order fiber from vodafone so when they check my land line number
    they tell that the uan number is blocked

being on to vodafone again.is there any way that i can be given a new uan number so i can give that to vodafone so they can process my order?

being on to vodafone again.is there any way that i can be given a new uan number so i can give that to vodafone so they can process my order?
    Hi naughto

All our systems show the account is still active with another provider so there is no other UAN assigned. I sent another follow up to the eircom winback team to insure as advised the transfer order back to eircom will not be processed.

It may be tomorrow before I get a response.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement