Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard Doesn't Work Properly

Options
  • 11-10-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

So I googled this for the last half hour and still can't seem to find fix.

It happens sometimes on my windows 8 laptop, I would be able to type away normal then sometimes when I go to type and hit a key it starts sending me off to different apps or my computer or files.

Any know how o stop this?

(Really hating windows 8 btw, I hope I find someone I know with spare windows 7).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Is this in the Metro interface or Desktop mode? Because in Metro / Modern, anytime you type you are actively searching your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

It's in desktop mode, and it doesn't happen all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I get that all the time in work with my poor Dell keyboard, a good bang on the CTRL and SHIFT stops them from being sticky because CTRL+ any combination of letters can open Search or Settings etc. Try it next time it happens.

Advertisement