Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question before buying?

• 11-10-2013 3:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I loved GTA4 but I never actually played the game or took part in the missions, I have an xploder cheat system and was able to download someone elses 100% finished game and then I had access to all areas of the map, weapons, cash etc.

I am a very casual gamer and haven't turned on the xbox in over a year but I am tempted to buy GTA5 as I like the youtube videos I have seen and I just want to free range roam around, steal some cars, troll the cops, fly planes and just play it in a sandbox mode. Many gamers I know will think this is stupid but I liked GTA4 in a simulation and I am a very casual gamer as I say and haven't played in ages but I'd like to know if this plan of mine is still possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Should be fine without it. The whole map is open from the start and you can use cheats for weapons etc.

You should give the story a go, it's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Even as a casual gamer you will be fine, I would consider myself as below the average gamer in terms of the quality of my play but I enjoyed GTAV immensely.

Have a go at the story, the missions have checkpoints so you dont have to redo the whole mission from the start if you have any reservations about the difficulty.
    The story is well worth doing and then there is online mode after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

plus you have to do a bit of the story to unlock all of the 3 characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just play online mode, have all the fun you want driving around and messing with cops/other people. Lots of fun and well worth the price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I got it this evening and it took me ages to get going, firstly the xbox must have taken like an hour to get all the updates to allow it to play the game and then it had to install. This was my first time turning the xbox on in around 14 or 15 months. I then used the xbox xploder to download someone elses savedgame at 100% and now I can off roaming and just playing sandbox.

Looking forward to getting my teeth into it now, the map is massive, it reminds me of Driver 2 back in the old PSone days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement