Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car without CD player

Options
  • 11-10-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Help needed. Buying a new car in January, no CD player. Has USB, bluetooth. jack etc. I have lots of CDs that I play on the old car and at home. What do I need to download new music or play CDs that I have. I don't have an Ipod or a fancy phone but would buy. I'm an oul lad, so don't get too technical. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Cars come without CD players now?? I still have a cassette player in mine.

The least technical thing for you to do it is get a personal CD player and connect it up to the jack with one of these cables. Or, If you know how to rip mp3 files from a CD easily enough you can copy them onto a USB stick, plug it into the USB port and you can play music off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

you can buy cd changers that connect to the hu via a radio frequency, think sony do one or two...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=rf+modulator+cd+changer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What kind of rubbish is this, cars without CD players? Can these manufacturers hold off another decade and let the CD die out instead of trying to force its demise on us.

I know I sound like an old man but I want to listen to my pristine physical copy collection in my motor for another while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I had a similar issue and went out and bought an MP3 player. I am now using an iPod touch and an FM transmitter. I love making my own playlists and always having access to all my music.

Advertisement