Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reserve defense forces

Options
  • 11-10-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Is anyone on here in the kerry branch of the army reserve.

I applied in listowel last november and was hoping to hav heard somethin by now.

Anyone hav any info?

Cheers

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

Hi Darren, have you being in touch since last November by phone or in person on a regular basis as to keep informed of what the situ is? I'm based in Dublin myself and unfortunately don't know what the situ is in Kerry. I'm also in the very first stages of finding out whether the RDF is planning to recruit in the near future. I have been in touch with the relevant Coy 7th Btn in Rathmines and hope there is something in the pipeline. Anyways, I'd imagine it's up to you to keep in touch with them. Best of luck man with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I used to be in the RDF/FCA. The only unit now in Kerry I believe is in Tralee which is part of the Kerry/Limerick/Clare Battalion and is HQed in Tralee Barracks. Back in the day Kerry had its own Battalion, the 15th, with a company in each of the main Towns of Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

kn wrote: »
    I used to be in the RDF/FCA. The only unit now in Kerry I believe is in Tralee which is part of the Kerry/Limerick/Clare Battalion and is HQed in Tralee Barracks. Back in the day Kerry had its own Battalion, the 15th, with a company in each of the main Towns of Kerry.

it was in the old hall in listowel that i signed on...you probably know it from your fca days. My father and uncles were in the fca back then also. One of them also joined army and was in the ranger wing.

brennan10 wrote: »
    Hi Darren, have you being in touch since last November by phone or in person on a regular basis as to keep informed of what the situ is? I'm based in Dublin myself and unfortunately don't know what the situ is in Kerry. I'm also in the very first stages of finding out whether the RDF is planning to recruit in the near future. I have been in touch with the relevant Coy 7th Btn in Rathmines and hope there is something in the pipeline. Anyways, I'd imagine it's up to you to keep in touch with them. Best of luck man with it.

i have tried through phone and email with no response, have also gone to the barracks a few times but was empty.

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

i have tried through phone and email with no response, have also gone to the barracks a few times but was empty.

OK after the recent reorganisation the unit in Kerry now reports to the barracks in Limerick. As far as I know the RDF are not recruiting at the moment but you can check if they still have your application on file. You need to phone Limerick barracks and ask to speak to someone from one of the RDF companies of 12th Battalion. If they can't put you through ask for battalion HQ and ask them to give you a contact name and number for you to try again also check with them when might be a good time to ring.

Bear in mind that both the regular army and reserve have been through a fairly serious reshuffle so it may take some time to find the right person to talk to. If you don't get anywhere by the weekend pm me and there might be a plan B.

OK after the recent reorganisation the unit in Kerry now reports to the barracks in Limerick. As far as I know the RDF are not recruiting at the moment but you can check if they still have your application on file. You need to phone Limerick barracks and ask to speak to someone from one of the RDF companies of 12th Battalion. If they can't put you through ask for battalion HQ and ask them to give you a contact name and number for you to try again also check with them when might be a good time to ring.

Bear in mind that both the regular army and reserve have been through a fairly serious reshuffle so it may take some time to find the right person to talk to. If you don't get anywhere by the weekend pm me and there might be a plan B.

cheers man dats great. Tanx for d help.

Advertisement