Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 7 problems

• 11-10-2013 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I have had my nexus 7 for about a year, up until a few weeks ago it was working perfectly. Now it is constantly freezing(the only thing I can do when it freezes is turn it off and on again) or it just turns itself off randomly, no warning the screen just goes black. I tried a factory reset but the problems still there. Has anyone any ideas about what could be up with it or more importantly how I can fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have had my nexus 7 for about a year, up until a few weeks ago it was working perfectly. Now it is constantly freezing(the only thing I can do when it freezes is turn it off and on again) or it just turns itself off randomly, no warning the screen just goes black. I tried a factory reset but the problems still there. Has anyone any ideas about what could be up with it or more importantly how I can fix it?

Did you drop it ?

The nexus had a very loose battery in it from new. Mine was same. I opened it, using my nail to prise it apart. The battery seats in an area that allows it to rattle about by a few mm. I reseated the battery, and placed a small piece of cardboard on one end to hold the battery solid. Google loose nexus battery to get videos if you are unsure.

Or it could be something else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I reset it so there was only the factory installed apps on it but the problem was still there. I will try another browser though thanks.
    I'll have a look for battery videos and see if I can do anything, hopefully it's an easy fix because it's driving me batty.

I checked the battery and it all seems to be in pretty secure. Anyway it won't turn on at all now, it gets stuck when turning on with google on the screen and thats as far as it will go. Nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Have you got 4.3 on it?
    The update includes the well known fstrim fix.
    There's also the LagFix app on the store if you don't have 4.3 but it needs root.

• Advertisement

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Have you got 4.3 on it?
    The update includes the well known fstrim fix.
    There's also the LagFix app on the store if you don't have 4.3 but it needs root.
    I have 4.3 on it. I just googled fstrim fix,techie stuff isn't my strong point but it's gone beyond that point now. It either gets stuck on the google screen or I get a delightful dead android robot thing.

Advertisement