Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a favour from a northsider

Options
  • 11-10-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭

I'm out of the country for six weeks but on my way to the airport I spotted a 1 acre site on the N2/Finglas Road for sale which might be of interest to me. But I passed too quick to get the name and phone number on the sign and it is not listed on Daft or Myhome. The site itself is opposite to the Tolka Vale apartment complex, just across the road there is a long hoarding which is painted blue and that is where the for sale sign is. It's not an estate agents sign, it just states to ring someone at a specific number.

If anyone is passing it in the next while Id really appreciate it if you could get the name and number and post it here or by PM, thanks !

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'm out of the country for six weeks but on my way to the airport I spotted a 1 acre site on the N2/Finglas Road for sale which might be of interest to me. But I passed too quick to get the name and phone number on the sign and it is not listed on Daft or Myhome. The site itself is opposite to the Tolka Vale apartment complex, just across the road there is a long hoarding which is painted blue and that is where the for sale sign is. It's not an estate agents sign, it just states to ring someone at a specific number.

If anyone is passing it in the next while Id really appreciate it if you could get the name and number and post it here or by PM, thanks !

Sounds like the old Royal Oak Pub site. I be passing it the weekend I'll grab it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm not sure what was there beforehand but having just looked at Google maps the site very near the corner of the N2 Finglas Road and the Old Finglas Road. The sign itself isn't exactly on the corner, it is about 50m from it going towards Glasnevin cemetery. Also the sign mentions something about "Orchard potential" , I'm not sure exactly what this means but it distinguishes it from all the other signs and ads on the blue hoardings erected to secure the site.

If you get a chance to spot it I'd really appreciate the number and name from it as I'm not back in the country unil late November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It was the Royal Oak pub site :) Definitely.

If I pass by I'll try get the number, usually do so at least once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I live just behind it. Its the old Royal Oak place. If you like I can get the contact number for you tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That's the images that are on google maps too which are a few years old now. I don't think that auctioneer is looking after the sale anymore, it's not on his website for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

didn't put too much effort in, just came across it and posted it

That's the spot alright, seems to be for sale in that pic too, I wonder when it was taken

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

is it ok to post the contact details? apologies if not!! contact name is <snip>

Thanks a million for that Jimmii, I really appreciate your help. I'm off trekking to Mount Everest Base Camp tomorrow but will try to talk to him before I depart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement