Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday visa

Options
  • 11-10-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

i am going on a month long holiday to Australia,i have been on the government website but i am unsure which or what kind of visa to apply for is it a ETA or a evisitor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

You're eligible for both and both are free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

If you hold an Irish Passport & want to apply online through the official website .www.immi.gov.au you need to apply for an eVisitor which is free.

To apply for an ETA online (AUD$20 fee) through the official website www.immi.gov.au, you must hold a passport from one of the following countries:

Brunei - Darussalam
    Canada
    Hong Kong
    Japan
    Malaysia
    Singapore
    Korea, Rep of (South)
    United States

If you do not hold a passport from any of the above countries, you cannot apply for an ETA online. You may be eligible to apply for an ETA through a travel agent, airline or an Australian visa office.

This has been the case since 2008. The website is confusing & when looking at it you get the impression that you can apply online for both, but if you actually go through the ETA application process the above countries are the only ones that are available to choose in both the nationality & country of passport dropdown menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Thanks cushie yes I found it a bit confusing but I have the evisitor applied for now thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

sligono1 wrote: »
    Thanks cushie yes I found it a bit confusing but I have the evisitor applied for now thanks again
    Great, enjoy your holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Any idea how long it takes for the visa to be approved if you apply for a evisitor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

It took mine no length like less than two hours I think,

Advertisement