Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS/2DS)

Options
  • 11-10-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭

With 6 weeks to go before this is released, it's time for an official thread. :)

... and a new trailer:

Very excited about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ahhh that soundtrack... its just... the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

That's Christmas sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Finally a sequel to the greatest video game of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

A sequel that i thought could not rival ocarina of time or twilight princess for my number 1 zelda spot but did so bring on one of my most anticipated titles of 2013 :L

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

'Lorule' is Unobtanium levels of silly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice artwork (nicked from Kotaku)

BWUZIuLCAAAuU4E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Lorule is to Hyrule as Hilda is to Zelda as ??? is to Ganondorf. Ms. Ganondorf? Wonder if there's an alternate Link called Loop?

Interesting how they kept the Skyward Zelda design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cannot wait for this, the sequel to my favorite game of all time ::cool: However, I don't want to ruin it by playing it on a standard 3DS, this definitely calls for a 3DS XL....the only question is do I buy one & buy the game separately, or hope Ninty release a Ltd Edition bundle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

played this for a while earlier this year and it was shaping up very well. cannot wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is there much of a difference between the 3DS and XL? I'm way out of the loop with handhelds haven't owned one in years, but I'd love to play this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

krudler wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between the 3DS and XL? I'm way out of the loop with handhelds haven't owned one in years, but I'd love to play this

I had a 3ds since launch but got an XL in June. I find there's a massive difference personally, the screens are just way superior. I actually would find it hard going back. I've tried using my sister's 3DS and it just doesn't feel right.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I had a 3ds since launch but got an XL in June. I find there's a massive difference personally, the screens are just way superior. I actually would find it hard going back. I've tried using my sister's 3DS and it just doesn't feel right.

Is it comfy? better screen sounds good esp for something like Zelda, was looking on amazon there and forgot how many great Nintendo title I'm missing not owning one

Is it comfy? better screen sounds good esp for something like Zelda, was looking on amazon there and forgot how many great Nintendo title I'm missing not owning one

I find it much more comfortable to hold over longer periods. The 3DS would get kind of awkward after a while due to the size but the XL is much better. I guess it's a more natural fit for my hands really.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I find it much more comfortable to hold over longer periods. The 3DS would get kind of awkward after a while due to the size but the XL is much better. I guess it's a more natural fit for my hands really.

cool, I think the Smyths near me has one on display might give it a whirl. is Mario Land 3D any good? will either get that or NSMB 2

cool, I think the Smyths near me has one on display might give it a whirl. is Mario Land 3D any good? will either get that or NSMB 2

I really like both of them (and Mario games in general) but I'd definitely go for 3D Land. NSMB 2 is like the others in the series, you know what you're going to get, and I also felt the emphasis on coins made it a bit easy as you were collecting lives at a ridiculous rate. 3D Land is one of my favourite 3DS games. It's like a halfway house between the 2D games and Mario 64. It has some new ideas and trying to 100% it is a lot more challenging.

I'll be good in November I said, won't buy anything I don't need I said...

curse you Link!

It's like going from a 32'' hd ready tv to a 50 inch full hd tv.

I posted this a couple of years ago about my favourite moment in video games.

The greatest game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

A pretty bold statement considering there have been masterpieces like Super Mario Bros 3, Goldeneye, Resi 4, Ocarina of Time etc. Why do i think its the best game ever? Well apart from being an amazing game its the only game i have ever played that hit me with a kind of emotional bang. Back in 1992 i was the proud owner of a snes and since my folks couldn't afford to buy me any games (apart from Street Fighter 2 and Super Mario World which i got with the console for Christmas) they would give me money to rent them. One day i went to the local and very small computer games shop to rent a game and i spotted lttp on the shelf. It was the american version of the game and the european version wasn't out yet, so i rented it along with a converter thingy so it would play in my pal console. I got home, slotted the cart into the converter and the converter into the snes and hit the power button. The music on the title screen was beautiful as i was entering my name for the character and then after the backstory i woke up as Link in a bed in his house. The next thing that happened is so mind blowingly simple but is also my favourite ever moment in video games. I left Links house and this angelic music started playing and it was accompanied by rain, i then headed north towards the castle, cut a hedge, fell in a hole and was in a dungeon that had its own amazing music. I was in total awe of this game and actually felt emotional playing it. Thats it, believe it or not that is my favourite moment ever in video games, going from Links house to a dungeon.

It's like going from a 32'' hd ready tv to a 50 inch full hd tv.

Sold!

I'll be good in November I said, won't buy anything I don't need I said...

curse you Link!

Well that's okay. You're sticking to your plan since you do need Link Between Worlds. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

U9BL93O.png

Nicked from an E3 site a while ago.

Preorder bonus from GAME is a musical chest that plays the chest opening music
    https://vine.co/v/hwzQb2LpneO

Don't know yet if instore only or online also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

That looks fantastic! I disliked every non crappy graphics Zelda but this looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

image_310493_fit_940.jpg

Confirmed for europe, it looks gorgeous. But a download code instead of already installed copy of A Link Between Worlds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

GTR63 wrote: »
    image_310493_fit_940.jpg

Confirmed for europe, it looks gorgeous. But a download code instead of already installed copy of A Link Between Worlds :(

You mean a download code instead of a physical copy of A Link Between Worlds?:p
    I wouldn't buy it unless it came with a boxed copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really not too sure about this 'renting equipment' play mechanic. Makes it sound like some gimmick taken from a free to play game.

Dammit, was hoping there'd be a Zelda themed XL but it'd come with the physical game. I love digital media for movies and tv shows but I like owning games dammit not having a file on a piece of hardware.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GTR63 wrote: »
    image_310493_fit_940.jpg

I have a perfectly working Pikachu 3DSXL.

But I oh so want this :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Get rid of the Pikachu 3DSXL so. It's creepy anyway, with his camera nipples and all that.

Have to say I am tempted even with a plain black Monster Hunter 3DSXL already, I'm just a sucker for Zelda stuff. Still have this boxed up and tucked away safely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Get rid of the Pikachu 3DSXL so. It's creepy anyway, with his camera nipples and all that.

Have to say I am tempted even with a plain black Monster Hunter 3DSXL already, I'm just a sucker for Zelda stuff. Still have this boxed up and tucked away safely.

The funny thing is I could sell it for alot more than the Zelda 3DS :D

Advertisement