Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS/2DS)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm just finishing off Mario and Luigi after sadly completing this totally. Zelda has spoiled me, and I'm find MaL a chore to complete. Moving onto Pokemon Y then.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I'm at the final boss and don't want to finish it, an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There is a hidden room that you can find in Lorule near your house that you need the Pegasus Boots to complete. I've tried close to 30 times to make it around the course but I just can't seem to get it.

Anyone else find this hard?

I did it, try using bombs for the switches. You only get 100 rupees in the chest anyway iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Completed the game over the weekend without ever getting the pegasus boots or red tunic. I'll have to go searching for them when I do Hero Mode.

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Completed the game over the weekend without ever getting the pegasus boots or red tunic. I'll have to go searching for them when I do Hero Mode.

WHAT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

WHAT?
    It's in the last dungeon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Pegasus boots
    theres a guy in Kakariko Village thats very fast if marge into wall near by him creep behind and knock him over and after he finish talking to you he gives you the Pegasus boots and heres link to get them
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsljnRqotHY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished the game about five minutes ago. I have to say I throughly enjoyed if from start to finish. I've never been truly happy with my purchase of the 3DS as only Mario 3D Land has been a standout game for me. But no more. This game alone justifies the purchase.

It is actually only the second Zelda game I have finished, the other being A Link to the Past. So there is a nice symmetry there. A few of the things I loved:

- the music is fantastic
    - the 3D works so well. Perhaps the best I've seen yet.
    - the mechanic of turning 2D works so well
    - the dungeons are designed so well. Even when you get stuck you know you will figure it out soon and it makes you feel smart.
    - I enjoyed the rental system as it allowed you to mix up your approach.

Really there are very things that were bad or even mildly disappointing:

- the boss battles were too easy. On a couple of occasions almost insultingly so.
    - I did not like the look of the cutscenes. I'm not sure if it was an artistic choice or hardware limitation but the artstyle employed is not my cup of tea
    - while the rental system is a pro it is also a con as it makes the game a little easy.

Overall a truly great game and might be the best of 2013 (I've yet to play much of ACIV).

WHAT?

Are you confused as to how I didn't get it or that one exists, sorry if that was a spoiler didn't think before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

WHAT?

I did the same regarding the tunic. Just missed it as it's tricky enough to find.

• Advertisement

The Vacant House
    is located in the central part of Lorule, just south of Lorule Castle. It corresponds to Link's House or Ravio's Shop in Hyrule. Place a bomb along the northern wall, just outside the house to break open a hole. Walk inside to find a bottle inside the treasure chest.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/A_Link_Between_Worlds_Bottle_Locations

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm down to the last dungeon and only just discovered The Treacherous Tower!

Was doing the advanced course and died at
    level 49 out of 50. :eek: Couldn't believe it! Almost threw my 3DS across the room. Was certain I had it in the bag

Will be trying that again (and beating it) tomorrow.

Almost at 100% now. Have all of the Maiamais and just a couple of heart pieces to go.

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Are you confused as to how I didn't get it or that one exists, sorry if that was a spoiler didn't think before posting.

Didn't know it existed, it's not really a spoiler.

Didn't know it existed, it's not really a spoiler.

Yeah I figured as much, some people get really touchy with people revealing the slightest details though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Gonna avoid this thread from now on since it's becoming full of spoilers.

this is a spoiler,
    fairy fountain cave with 3 fairys in cave at 2nd dungeon tower of hera, from tower of hera dungeon, go west and see pair of hearts on wall, merge into wall, and go west drop centre entrance and find heart piece and fairy fountain cave with 3 fairys

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    this is a spoiler,
    fairy fountain cave with 3 fairys in cave at 2nd dungeon tower of hera, from tower of hera dungeon, go west and see pair of hearts on wall, merge into wall, and go west drop centre entrance and find heart piece and fairy fountain cave with 3 fairys

Wampryus, use spoiler tags please. To use them wrap the post in a tag like so -
    This is a spoiler[*/spoiler] (remove the *). Or if you're using the full reply option there's a simple spoiler button right beside the youtube icon that does it all for you when you select the text.
    Like so

Spoiler:
    you buy items for half price after you get 3 pendents from ravio, before you get master sword

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just completed this.

Pretty much the perfect game.

Can't even really think of the words to do it justice. Even if you buy a 3DS just to play this, it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just bought a 3DS XL witj Zelda and bravely default off Amazon.

Should have it Tuesday night

• Advertisement

Just bought a 3DS XL witj Zelda and bravely default off Amazon.

Should have it Tuesday night

I demand your assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Absolutely love this wonderful game so far and think it could be one of the best games of the decade. Gameplay perfection and can’t get enough of the old link to the past music.

I'm about half way through the game and I’ve got a question. I’m finding myself upgrading my weapons for each 10 miami I get as I’ve plenty of Rupies, the thing is I don’t really need the upgraded items as the jars full of faires/magic covers me through the dungeons so it’s much better value to rent the standard weapons. Also as an experienced Zelda player I don’t want to make the game too easy.

At what point did you’s find yourselves upgrading your weapons and did you find you’s needed the upgrade?

Greyfox wrote: »
    Absolutely love this wonderful game so far and think it could be one of the best games of the decade. Gameplay perfection and can’t get enough of the old link to the past music.

I'm about half way through the game and I’ve got a question. I’m finding myself upgrading my weapons for each 10 miami I get as I’ve plenty of Rupies, the thing is I don’t really need the upgraded items as the jars full of faires/magic covers me through the dungeons so it’s much better value to rent the standard weapons. Also as an experienced Zelda player I don’t want to make the game too easy.

At what point did you’s find yourselves upgrading your weapons and did you find you’s needed the upgrade?

I didn't even know I could upgrade my weapons until the very end of the game (when I was having trouble with the final boss). So, I guess there's your answer... :)

quarryman wrote: »
    I didn't even know I could upgrade my weapons until the very end of the game (when I was having trouble with the final boss). So, I guess there's your answer... :)

I only realised after the final boss when I was going around doing post game content. I had about 40 maimais the whole game and never upgraded. At least I know now for my Hero Mode runthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

That, that was AMAZING!

Really enjoyed playing through ALBW, such a good story and so very well made. I loved the new way of getting items, sure I miss the sound when you open a chest for a main item, but it didn't take way from the overall game. I wonder if they will use the rent system again.

Such a pleasure to play and I am glad I waited a few months to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Got this with the special edition XL about a week ago, and finished it yesterday (was on holiday so had no time to play outside flights and buses :P)

Gonna 'spoiler' this in case anyone gets annoyed..
    Absolutely fantastic game. I had hoped that the treacherous tower would have a few more difficulty levels - with the red tunic and lvl 3 sword / upgraded items, it's not exactly challenging. The reward items were pretty funnily useless from it though.

Like others I didn't get the red tunic before fighting the last boss, only after reloading the previous save and looking to get everything did I find it. Even at that it wasn't particularly tough. Did love the wee cutscene when shooting the last light arrow though.

Have about 20 Miamis (or whatever they're called) left to find, and have yet to encounter a street pass shadow link. Should get a few more hours out of it before replaying in hard mode :)

Have to buy some new games now :D Have Mario 3D Land in the post, and eyeing up Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X or Y, and may preorder Yoshi's island, Smash Bros and Kirby... Haven't spent this much money on games in a long time, but feck it, I'm a 9-5 adult now and can spend my wages on what I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finished this game last night and quickly skimming this thread I'm laughing at seeing talk of
    pegasus boots, red tunic and upgrading weapons
    . Didn't know about any of them. Just got the Master Sword upgraded once and the blue tunic.
    Guess it's not as bad as Ocarina of Time on 3DS when I
    didn't get the blue tunic until after the water temple.

Oh and great game. Liked the final battle as well as
    Hilda turning on me at the end. I was wondering where their Link was until finally saw him

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Guess it's not as bad as Ocarina of Time on 3DS when I
    didn't get the blue tunic until after the water temple.

How did you manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With a lot of patience. :) I had played on the N64 and got it so knew I needed it. Just couldn't remember where to get it from. Assumed I'd get it on the way to or in the temple, but nope. You have 10 seconds of air anyway which is enough time, I found.

And that's how you make game harder for yourself. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement