Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS/2DS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I only played it for the first time on the gba after playing Ocarina on the n64. Just found it slow moving and at times annoying. First time I played it was grand, but replayed recently and got bored part of the way through it. It's not that I'm not a fan but it wouldn't be in my top 5 Zelda games. Maybe number 3 handheld Zelda.

Ah it's not a handheld game at heart though to me. It cries out for a snes, joypad & a big ol' crt tv. I've never actually played it any other way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

First review in

Game informer gave the zelda a 10/10

forgot to provide a link ( no pun attended )

http://nintendoeverything.com/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-gets-first-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Disgraceful. I expect no less than 11/10. That's it, I refuse to play it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alas, Game Informer is little more than a GameStop printed infomercial who would consider giving a potato a good score if they were given an exclusive preview (aka the Empire of gaming). I would hope and almost expect its indicative of a wider critical response, but really Game Informer is just white noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Launch trailah:

• Advertisement

So who here will play through as normal, getting the items when the game gives them to you and who will use the new rent item feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Eurogamer's review. Dripping with negativity, yet it got a
    8/10
    . I'm hugely confused. Hopefully it's the exception rather than the rule.

Joystiq's is better
    5/5

ign gave it a 9.4

sitting on a 92 rating on metacritic with 27 review scores

ign gave it a 9.4

That review put my mind at ease, cheers.

8 sleeps to go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Any chance I'll be able to pick this up at midnight somewhere? Since the shops might be open for the Xbox One launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

abbir wrote: »
    Any chance I'll be able to pick this up at midnight somewhere? Since the shops might be open for the Xbox One launch.

It might be available digitally at midnight since Nintendo do that for some of their big games but I'd doubt any shops will have it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

2 sleeps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They're releasing 3DS games faster than I can play 'em at the moment! Have to try and beat the Elite Four by Friday so, and that downloaded copy of Phoenix Wright hasn't even been booted up yet!

A semi-pleasant problem to be complaining about, given the rather miserable state the console was in not too long ago.

I got a dispatch mail from Game on Monday evening so it should be here tomorrow hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I really want to buy this and start playing it on Christmas day...but I don't know if I can wait that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

My amazon order was posted yesterday. I don't really want it yet because i've already got a few games to finish first, namely zelda spirit tracks and pokemon. First world problems :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really want to buy this and start playing it on Christmas day...but I don't know if I can wait that long!

Same here, but I will keep it for Xmas day...nothing like cracking open a brand new Zelda title on Xmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Jaysus, I picked up a few cheap ps3 games at the weekend, DS2, Bioshock 2 & 3, Doom 3 BFE, Mario Galaxy 1, all played them before except Bioshock Infinite.

Started DS2 last night and now I wanna play through all these games but also wanna start Zelda ALBW at the weekend too, I think Zelda may have to wait to be bought for a few weeks, too much of a back log to get through along with these 5 games I got.

Would it be totally uncool of me as a ninty fanboy to not get Zelda tomorrow? :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jaysus, I picked up a few cheap ps3 games at the weekend, DS2, Bioshock 2 & 3, Doom 3 BFE, Mario Galaxy 1, all played them before except Bioshock Infinite.

Started DS2 last night and now I wanna play through all these games but also wanna start Zelda ALBW at the weekend too, I think Zelda may have to wait to be bought for a few weeks, too much of a back log to get through along with these 5 games I got.

Would it be totally uncool of me as a ninty fanboy to not get Zelda tomorrow? :-(

I can't get it until January, the end of January to be exact, College be damned. Buy it and play it twice as hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I can't get it until January, the end of January to be exact, College be damned. Buy it and play it twice as hard.

I think this will be a lesson in restaint for me lol.

Feck it, I can wait till Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ok in order for the cosmos to stay in line I must buy the game you should have bought, otherwise we will all get very bad Karma.

Damn you all, I've both the overworld them & Hyrule Field theme tunes running around in my head now. So just for good measure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Wait til Christmas? Are you guys mad!?

I am leaving it till christmas along with wind waker as there is nothing like playing a zelda game beside the christmas tree on christmas day while drinking tea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

I have been dropping less and less subtle hints about this one to the GF as Christmas present material but she still appears utterly clueless. well be in town over the weekend so I might as well say it when we pass gamestop. fingers crossed my Christmas morning will be spent in Hyrule too.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

No chance I'll wait for Christmas. I'll be waiting outside Smyths for it to open in the morning. Hopefully people buying Xbox Ones won't get in my way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

abbir wrote: »
    No chance I'll wait for Christmas. I'll be waiting outside Smyths for it to open in the morning. Hopefully people buying Xbox Ones won't get in my way!

I think a lot of stores are doing midnight openings so you might get lucky.

If not...well take solace in the fact that when you get home you will actually have something to play *crude "XBO and PS4 have no good launch titles" joke quota for today reached....*

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I got a dispatch mail from Game on Monday evening so it should be here tomorrow hopefully.

So much for that idea. Maybe tomorrow.

(I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow the whole world is my home)

Advertisement