Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS/2DS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How many hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

There isn't a counter in game but I would guess about 15.

That is before hard mode and before finding all the collectibles. And the fact that when it comes to zelda puzzles it never takes me more than a few seconds to figure them out but I know others get really stumped and take longer.

It could of been a little longer but I am happy with it and as far as 3ds games go this is now my new favorite and probably my new favorite zelda game. A link to the past was my previous favorite.

There isn't a counter in game but I would guess about 15.

That is before hard mode and before finding all the collectibles. And the fact that when it comes to zelda puzzles it never takes me more than a few seconds to figure them out but I know others get really stumped and take longer.

It could of been a little longer but I am happy with it and as far as 3ds games go this is now my new favorite and probably my new favorite zelda game. A link to the past was my previous favorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Majoras Mask is finally on 3DS, as an Easter Egg in this game.

Majoras Mask is finally on 3DS, as an Easter Egg in this game.

Lol :)

• Advertisement

Limericks wrote: »
    Lol :)

Did you find it?

Did you find it?

About 2 minutes into the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I just finished the game now. 15 hours it took. Missing 3 pieces of heart, I think they're minigame ones. Got 100 of the other things. Really enjoyed it, but maybe it was a bit easy, didn't die once! I'm not going to play Hero mode right away, maybe next year sometime. Now to wait for Mario :)

abbir wrote: »
    I just finished the game now. 15 hours it took. Missing 3 pieces of heart, I think they're minigame ones. Got 100 of the other things. Really enjoyed it, but maybe it was a bit easy, didn't die once! I'm not going to play Hero mode right away, maybe next year sometime. Now to wait for Mario :)

Not having to search for the weapons and tools is kind of a bore, takes a lot of the challenge out of the game really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Anyone get the Zelda XL yet? Impressions?

• Advertisement

Zelda on a regular XL is fantastic. Started it last night and finished the first dungeon.

Turn it up - the music is amazing.

Mr E wrote: »
    Zelda on a regular XL is fantastic. Started it last night and finished the first dungeon.

I actually can't wait to hear the soundtrack :) On a slightly off topic note, when my XL arrives is there much involved in doing the system transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it bad that you just made me think of Scotty 2 Hotty's/2 Kool's entrance music?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

After spending some time with it, I'm still rather underwhelmed by the bland artstyle, which is the least interesting I've perhaps ever come across in a proper Zelda game. But there are two saving graces: the almost silky smooth 60 FPS (I say 'almost' as there was some noticeable slowdown at one point when the screen exploded with rupees) and the fact that the 3D is actually worth turning on given the game's emphasis on depth and 'multi-layered' level and puzzle design. If a more detailed style has to be sacrificed for this technical fidelity it's a shame, but certainly it's very efficient technology makes it somewhat forgivable.

As for the game itself, it's pretty much a joy. I'm not too far into it, but it's inventively designed, incredibly pacy and equal parts fresh & nostalgic. And yes, the music is fantastic: exhilarating new renditions of old favourites.

Not sure what to think of the rental system yet, which I've just unlocked. I spent a half hour just sweeping around some of the map collecting a healthy selection of heart pieces, rupees and other bonuses with my generous supply of equipment - and I've yet to enter the second dungeon :pac: Too early to call, but there's certainly a sense of wonder lost when you open a chest here: with it more than likely yet more rupees, the thrill of discovering what vital item lies within is sort of gone. Nonetheless, too early to call its overall effectiveness, and heck after years of the same it's nice to see something of a mechanical remix.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭chili_fecker

Myrddin wrote: »
    Anyone get the Zelda XL yet? Impressions?

Has anyone seen these in any shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Right that's it settled. Gonna be playin this on Christmas Day with a brand new 3DS XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Has anyone seen these in any shop?

Smyths in Limerick have a few, the Childer's Road store, 234.99 if I remember, saw them yesterday.

So, this landed today. Gorgeous I must say, delighted with it, & takes the sting out of selling off my cabs :o Now, to pack it away until Xmas so I can enjoy a new Zelda game the way it should be enjoyed...by beginning it on Xmas day :)

332tc7c.jpg

2qm0kz4.jpg

312vlvc.jpg

Myrddin wrote: »
    Now, to pack it away until Xmas so I can enjoy a new Zelda game the way it should be enjoyed...by beginning it on Xmas day

God bless your willpower. :)

God bless your willpower. :)

It has to be done, tis a ritual at this stage for me. All new Zelda games can only be started on Xmas day :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,532 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

gamestop rang, my zelda xl is after arriving in the shop. i will head in at dinner time, and have it charged for after work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got my Zelda with chest delivered this morning from Game. no poster though. Will have to mail them see what the story is since it says it's given separately.

one question about the game for those playing it,do you have to rent the items or can you play through normally and pick them up from dungeons as usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got my Zelda with chest delivered this morning from Game. no poster though. Will have to mail them see what the story is since it says it's given separately.

one question about the game for those playing it,do you have to rent the items or can you play through normally and pick them up from dungeons as usual?

As far as I know you don't pick up items in the dungeons like every other Zelda. You can rent them or buy them. When you rent items you lose them if you die and when you buy them they're yours for good.

You get upgrades for some items in dungeons but for the main items you use you have to rent them or buy them.

I didn't really like the mechanic as I rented them all and didn't die once in the game so never lost them again.

Prefer the old find them in the dungeon mechanic.

FWIW I died last night (going somewhere I shouldn't have too early).

The game may be easy but only if you're careful. :)

FWIW I died last night (going somewhere I shouldn't have too early).

The game may be easy but only if you're careful. :)

Nah I went places I was not meant too :P
    East of death mountain with the fire breading monsters that take 1/2 of your hp per hit! but still managed to survive it :P It was too easy to dodge attacks

Heh... snap. That's where I died. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Mine just arrived! :D

In Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

lucky me i found a golden bee in grass near a tree in Kakariko Village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ok so getting a 3DS XL for christmas from the misses and I will either be picking up this or Ocarina of time HD (I never played the original :() and just looking for some opinions on which I should go for. I'm leaning towards OOT and picking this up at a later stage. Any thoughts?

Advertisement