Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS/2DS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok so getting a 3DS XL for christmas from the misses and I will either be picking up this or Ocarina of time HD (I never played the original :() and just looking for some opinions on which I should go for. I'm leaning towards OOT and picking this up at a later stage. Any thoughts?

Ocarina of Time is the better game so if you can only get one, get OOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

im finish it too last wednesday but im going ty every heart piece so ive 20 hearts go face off yuga again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Where's the best place to pickup a 3DS lads?

smyths has 3ds xl at €224.99, gamestop €220, €229.99

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OOT isn't really made for a handheld, I really didn't enjoy it on the 3DS. Would go with A Link Between Worlds if I had to choose myself.

• Advertisement

smyths and Hmv €44.99, gamestop is €49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

nuxxx wrote: »
    Where's the best place to pickup a 3DS lads?

tons of offers in the last week on amazon black friday/cyber week, they might be doing another today?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    im finish it too last wednesday but im going ty every heart piece so ive 20 hearts go XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Seriously, do you have to spoil EVERY game I play?

ok, i bit pissoff at the game, im not feeling im not getting my money worth finish since it took me less then a week to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

ok, i bit pissoff at the game, im not feeling im not getting my money worth finish since it took me less then a week to finish it

I looked up my total play time, and I've spent the exact same time playing Oracle of Ages then this. And I've finish OOA around 5 times!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

FutureGuy wrote: »

That's an incredibly minor spoiler though. It's kind of like saying you have to fight Bowser in a Mario game. I can't see how it could possibly affect or spoil your enjoyment of the game - Zelda has never really been about narrative anyway, and Yuga is established as a central antagonist within minutes of starting the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I love this game. I'm just after beating the last lorule dungeon. I'm going to try and find all the maimai (have 88 so far) before heading to yuga. I don't want it to end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

FutureGuy wrote: »

Ah come on it's like saying Link uses a sword

theres twist in the fighting in end boss battle, but im not got being spoiler and spoil it and let you find out whos traitor,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

theres twist in the fighting in end boss battle, but im not got being spoiler and spoil it and let you find out whos traitor,

Really? Now he will be going into the game
    thinking there is a traitor at the end...

You need to use the spoiler tags my good man.

Like so:

It's insanely obvious throughout the game anyway who the traitor is (Once you get to lorule)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Fair dues for trying the whole spoiler thing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Just passed it there with 100 maimais (or however you spell it) and 19 hearts, activity log says it took me 21 hours.

Brilliant game. I'll try the hero mode in a few months time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

COYVB wrote: »
    Ah come on it's like saying Link uses a sword

I knew little going into this game on purpose. I wanted to be surprised. Maybe she was Ganon in disguise. Maybe Ganon returned and was the final battle.

So yes, it was a spoiler.

im sorry inform you that yuga is actually a guy even so all that make up makes him look a woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Getting a 3DS XL for Christmas, and buying myself this game and Bravely Default. I cannot bloody wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finished it there. Mostly I loved it. It was perfectly paced, just the right length. The dungeons were extraordinarily creative, barely wasting a screen without a new, inventive use of the mechanics. The music was a delight from beginning to end - especially loved how the music in
    Lorule Castle
    kept building every time you got closer to opening the final door.

A few little bugbears. I've already expressed my slight disappointment with the visuals, and I'll echo that again: technically fluid, but artistically bland. The
    Maiamai upgrade system felt a tad pointless - the fire rod was one of the few upgraded weapons that felt like a significant improvement.
    At least it was optional. Come to think of it, the boomerang was particularly poorly implemented - there was only a handful of times, if even, when its use felt necessary! And, while it was generally a pleasure to explore the nooks and crannies of both worlds, navigating between the two to find the entrance to some of the dungeons occasionally felt a little bit like a chore - just a little, mind.

Overall, these did little to affect my enjoyment of what is another worthy, brilliant entry in one of gaming's most consistent franchises. The link between its predecessor was justified.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll get it over the next couple of months but, given it took 15 years to complete OoT, I don't fancy I'll see the end of it before 2028!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Family are complaining because I've been playing this for the last few hours while they watch ****e on TV.

Loving it as well as my new 3DS XL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Unwrapped this today, god bless Amazon wishlists :D

Great game, taking me a while to get used to the "merging" ability and exploring the world with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

1 dungeon left here. Doing the maiamai hunt to prolong the game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Santa game good today! 4 hours in and absolutely loving it, although my Girlfriend (aka Santa) said she would take it away if I didn't put it down and talk to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I bought this with Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Mario Land 3D.
    And the Zelda cartridge as barely been out of the DS. Fantastic game. I love the non linear approach to allowing the player to play the dungeons in any order with the rental system.
    The Dark/light world works well and I love the merge feature.

Best Zelda game in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Nothing like a new Zelda game at Christmas :)

The 3D is genuinely stunning, I'm a bit shocked how much I like it. I'm not big on the 3D features usually; I might give them a cursory glance at the beginning than keep them switched off or be constantly switching them on and off due to the strain on my eyes, but I've had them on almost constantly with this game. So smooth and vibrant, and not nearly as painful on the eyes.

Those musicians in the Milk Bar are a gem. I've gotta stop wasting my rupies on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

quarryman wrote: »
    I bought this with Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Mario Land 3D.
    And the Zelda cartridge as barely been out of the DS. Fantastic game. I love the non linear approach to allowing the player to play the dungeons in any order with the rental system.
    The Dark/light world works well and I love the merge feature.

Best Zelda game in a long time.

Did you get the 3DS console for Xmas? Because if you register it along with a game (from a list of 15, Fire Emblem is one of them I think) you get Mario Land 3D for free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

danthefan wrote: »
    Did you get the 3DS console for Xmas? Because if you register it along with a game (from a list of 15, Fire Emblem is one of them I think) you get Mario Land 3D for free!

yep, meant to say that, i didn't actually buy it, redeemed it with Zelda.

Advertisement