Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS/2DS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My son is currently having the "best time ever" with WW:HD, flying through it with just occasional Gamefaq help, but doing well for a ten year old!
    I asked him what on earth he'd do if he finished it too fast, he said "just move onto Twilight Princess of course", that's me told.

Excellent parenting there Cidey, the kid has good taste! On to the 5th sage now in Lorule....god I love this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Stuck for ages looking for the Pegasus Boots, onto the last sage and thought "F**k it!" and looked it up online. Man I felt stupid when I read how easy (and early) they are to get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They weren't really needed TBH (apart from one heart piece).

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

All 100 maimais got and all items, gear etc... earned, just tidying up the last few heart pieces, god octorok baseball is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just started this last night and played about twenty minutes. I have to say the music makes an immediate impression. The theme that plays when wandering around outside is so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I just started this last night and played about twenty minutes. I have to say the music makes an immediate impression. The theme that plays when wandering around outside is so good.

The theme that plays when you wander around outside in the second half of the game is even better. :) classic zelda tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Bought this game with the limited edition console for Christmas and having completed it Ihave to say it was worth every cent. I'm just sad I've finished it :(

Screw you Treacherous Tower, screw you! :mad: Advanced level is tough

I'm still in the green tunic, & have only had the master sword tempered to red level...so need to find another two pieces of Master Ore. Really don't want to use walkthroughs though. I've all seven sages rescued, so Lorule Castle awaits

Treacherous tower with green tunic and level 3 sword is nuts! :)

Revisit the dungeons in Lorule and make sure you have found all chests (should help prolong the game a bit more!). They will show up on the map if you've found the compass.

I'm really getting into this Zelda game. The last one I completed was A Link to the Past so I guess it is kind of appropriate. I got a couple of hours into the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time and played a good chunk of Minish Cap.

Playing this one on the 3DS has reminded me what a horrible piece of hardware it is. I haven't used it since the summer and I've also been spoiled by the VITA. (I'm talking hardware not software). My hands are cramping playing Zelda on this device and I just had to run to find my charger as it was about to die. Only charged it yesterday.

It does have some great games on it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Finished it earlier this evening, almost exactly 20 hours play time. It felt like half that and could have played for twice as long.

Absolutely loved it, some of the dungeon ideas were fantastic. Gonna go off and play a something else for a while before coming back for the hero's quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm really getting into this Zelda game. The last one I completed was A Link to the Past so I guess it is kind of appropriate. I got a couple of hours into the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time and played a good chunk of Minish Cap.

Playing this one on the 3DS has reminded me what a horrible piece of hardware it is. I haven't used it since the summer and I've also been spoiled by the VITA. (I'm talking hardware not software). My hands are cramping playing Zelda on this device and I just had to run to find my charger as it was about to die. Only charged it yesterday.

Really? I find it an almost perfect handheld to be honest, including button placement. Battery can be a little iffy but not terrible either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Corholio wrote: »
    Really? I find it an almost perfect handheld to be honest, including button placement. Battery can be a little iffy but not terrible either.

I get cramps in my hands after about 30-40 minutes too. It's not ergonomic at all, at all!

Mr E wrote: »
    Treacherous tower with green tunic and level 3 sword is nuts! :)

Revisit the dungeons in Lorule and make sure you have found all chests (should help prolong the game a bit more!). They will show up on the map if you've found the compass.

Had a quick scoot in all the Lorule dungeons for anything I missed. Suffice it to say, I've done Treacherous Tower twice now on Advanced without any hassle. cheers!

Nothing left to do now but save the world :) Really don't want to finish the game :o

Yeah I know that feeling. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The vita is definitely the better handheld. Can you imagine playing Zelda, Mario, Luigis Mansion on the OLED screen?

And Hyrule is once again, at peace.

What a game, sucks you in from start to finish without once ever seeming mundane, dull or repetitive. I know some have commented as the art direction being one of the only negatives, & for me, this might be true if the game hadn't got such strong connections to Link to the Past. It is, effectively, a sequel to that game, set in that world, just later on in time. So I don't think they could have strayed too far from the direction of LttP, without making this game seem disconnected from that world. Personally I loved the look of this game, & it's everything I hoped a sequel to LttP would be...& more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think I'm as close to 100% as I can get. Collected all the heart pieces, all the maiamai things. The only thing that I'm not sure about is that I have a gap in my inventory. I have all the upgraded items (including the net and lamp) and I bought the sour item and the scoot fruit, and have all 5 bottles, but there's still a gap. My OCD is going into overdrive!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

chrislad wrote: »
    I think I'm as close to 100% as I can get. Collected all the heart pieces, all the maiamai things. The only thing that I'm not sure about is that I have a gap in my inventory. I have all the upgraded items (including the net and lamp) and I bought the sour item and the scoot fruit, and have all 5 bottles, but there's still a gap. My OCD is going into overdrive!

Not a massive spoiler, but I thought I'd tag it anyway:
    I believe that you get an item in the final battle which fits into that slot, but it's only applicable in that battle, i.e. You're never going to fill in that slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Never checked my slots after that part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    And Hyrule is once again, at peace.

What a game, sucks you in from start to finish without once ever seeming mundane, dull or repetitive. I know some have commented as the art direction being one of the only negatives, & for me, this might be true if the game hadn't got such strong connections to Link to the Past. It is, effectively, a sequel to that game, set in that world, just later on in time. So I don't think they could have strayed too far from the direction of LttP, without making this game seem disconnected from that world. Personally I loved the look of this game, & it's everything I hoped a sequel to LttP would be...& more.

I really don't get the negative comments about the visuals either, I think it looks great.

If you're familiar with ALTTP, the music/visuals/art style/character design then you should love it. So many of the enemies in it featured from ALTTP.

It's a brilliant game, but I also think it's the greatest nostalgia trip I've had with a sequel. Normally I'd be mumbling and groaning about 'x being left out, y re imagined the wrong way' - but Nintendo got this perfect.

My one and only tiny niggle is the name 'Low Rule' (I'd rather they just named it Dark World)

Also must add, I was quite puzzled as to why Link's appearance is more like the original Zelda and not LTTP. It works well though.

I've three sages left to go. Trying to buy up all the weapons at this point, feck they're pricey. Lots of bushes to cut down and rocks to smash :D

There is a hidden room that you can find in Lorule near your house that you need the Pegasus Boots to complete. I've tried close to 30 times to make it around the course but I just can't seem to get it.

Anyone else find this hard?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really don't get the negative comments about the visuals either, I think it looks great.

I just think it looks bland. Even with all the throwbacks to ALLTP, it just doesn't leap off the screen to me the way its predecessor did (perhaps I simply prefer sprites), and I actively dislike the character models in cutscenes. But then aesthetics are an impossibly subjective thing to try and critique, and I do think in general the game benefits from the decision to keep the detail levels relatively minimal and aim for a fast FPS and heavily integrated 3D instead. It ultimately didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the game, just overall IMO lacked the imaginative touch of the best Zelda art styles, or at least a slightly awkward updating of one of the existing ones. It also could have been a result of jumping straight in from Pokemon Y, which is a beautiful game (although tellingly struggles to maintain a consistent frame rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I just think it looks bland. Even with all the throwbacks to ALLTP, it just doesn't leap off the screen to me the way its predecessor did (perhaps I simply prefer sprites), and I actively dislike the character models in cutscenes. But then aesthetics are an impossibly subjective thing to try and critique, and I do think in general the game benefits from the decision to keep the detail levels relatively minimal and aim for a fast FPS and heavily integrated 3D instead. It ultimately didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the game, just overall IMO lacked the imaginative touch of the best Zelda art styles, or at least a slightly awkward updating of one of the existing ones. It also could have been a result of jumping straight in from Pokemon Y, which is a beautiful game (although tellingly struggles to maintain a consistent frame rate)

Definitely comes down to aesthetic appreciation I think, as I thought it looked anything but bland. And this is coming from a fellow sprite lover :)

You weren't playing it on an XL were you? I only have a standard 3DS. Haven't seen it stretched out on a bigger screen, perhaps the smaller screen sharpens up the detail?

I was watching my sister playing Pokemon Y over Christmas - had to do a double take to make sure she was actually playing a 3DS. It looks stunning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    You weren't playing it on an XL were you? I only have a standard 3DS. Haven't seen it stretched out on a bigger screen, perhaps the smaller screen sharpens up the detail?

Only have the standard model myself! But yeah, one person's visual delight is another's awkward scribble - wouldn't quite call this an awkward scribble, mind you :)

Ugh, it's games time & I've no LwB to play :( Word of advice for anyone playing it, don't finish it...ever

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ugh, it's games time & I've no LwB to play :( Word of advice for anyone playing it, don't finish it...ever

If you haven't played it yet, go and download Attack of the Friday Monsters off the eStore immediately!

If you haven't played it yet, go and download Attack of the Friday Monsters off the eStore immediately!

I'm intrigued! Cheers JU, will take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Downloaded that the other day in anticipation of finishing this actually :) Something to cleanse the palate before Bravely Default!

• Advertisement

Just picked up a Gold Rupee. Didn't even know they existed. Ravio will be so pleased.

Advertisement