Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Development Plan

Options
  • 11-10-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hii

Looking for same examples for Personal Develop Plans.

I am not interested moving in my career but my America employer instead that I create a Personal Develop Plan withs actions using Smart goals.

I am currently a supervisor and don't want to move but need to create goals for further goals and current role.

I was wondering if anyone else has to do this type of crap and if so would they share their Personal develop plans with me.

Regards
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I wouldn't dismiss this as some American style of management.
    More and more organisations are looking for people that "fit. Make sure your PDP fits the culture and norms of your company!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nooneworker

I found I need samples because I personal believe in Personal develop plans as I am happy in my role. But I need to show committment to the organisation by creating a Personal develop plan. So I need sample of goals that need no work from me. Help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

So I need sample of goals that need no work from me. Help

You have completely not understood
    A) the purpose of an IDP and
    B) what your employer expects of you

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's totally unrealistic to expect to stay in the same role for the rest of your career: among other things, technology change may make your role unnecessary, and your employer may want to make your supervisor's role vacant to allow your subordinates the chance to advance their own careers.

Maybe you need some goals that will help you move laterally within the company.

Expecting to not have to do any work-based self development is not realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

if your not interested in moving you should be looking to maintain a minimum competence and base your PDP around that.

Advertisement