Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

annoyed eircom customer

Options
  • 11-10-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I recently changed from vodafone to eircom and am now being charged by eircom for a callout which happened while i was still under contract with vodafone!!!!!!! Having being left for a period of time without firstly landline and then broadband vodafone said they would send out a technician stupid of me i didnt ask about a charge and didnt realize there was one until my eircom october bill the callout happened in august when i rang eircom the just kept saying it has to be paid even though i was a vodafone customer at the time !!!!!!! The most annoying thing is not necessarily the 100 plus VAT charge but the fact that i didnt get a chance to discuss this with vodafone and it appeared on my phone bill with no explanation as to what it was until i rang Eircom so unhappy with it all so sorry i changed at all just thought i would have faster broadband with Eircom

very unhappy customer 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Bailie wrote: »
    I recently changed from vodafone to eircom and am now being charged by eircom for a callout which happened while i was still under contract with vodafone!!!!!!! Having being left for a period of time without firstly landline and then broadband vodafone said they would send out a technician stupid of me i didnt ask about a charge and didnt realize there was one until my eircom october bill the callout happened in august when i rang eircom the just kept saying it has to be paid even though i was a vodafone customer at the time !!!!!!! The most annoying thing is not necessarily the 100 plus VAT charge but the fact that i didnt get a chance to discuss this with vodafone and it appeared on my phone bill with no explanation as to what it was until i rang Eircom so unhappy with it all so sorry i changed at all just thought i would have faster broadband with Eircom

very unhappy customer 
    Hi Bailie

Can you send on your eircom account number. Also can you confirm what Vodafone advised about the charge when you called them about the charge.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bailie

account <snip>

thats the whole point i didnt know there was a charge until i seen it on my eircom bill so why would i talk to vodafone its abit late now voddafone dont care as eircom are very kindly getting the bill paid for them still escapes me as to how a different provider can collect a charge that was carried out while i was with a different provider as i asked how would i hv received the charged had i changed providers but not vone to eircom

account <snip>

thats the whole point i didnt know there was a charge until i seen it on my eircom bill so why would i talk to vodafone its abit late now voddafone dont care as eircom are very kindly getting the bill paid for them still escapes me as to how a different provider can collect a charge that was carried out while i was with a different provider as i asked how would i hv received the charged had i changed providers but not vone to eircom
    Hi Bailie

Without knowing the situation in detail and checking our records I can not state if the charge would have been applicable had you been an eircom customer at the time. There are situations in which eircom will also apply a charge to our customers for an engineer to call out or work carried out.

Thanks, Mark

account <snip>

Hi Bailie

Without knowing the situation in detail and checking our records I can not state if the charge would have been applicable had you been an eircom customer at the time. There are situations in which eircom will also apply a charge to our customers for an engineer to call out or work carried out.

Thanks, Mark
    hi mark i have sent u my details by pm
    just to say again i wasnt an eircom customer when the call out was made by vodafone my take iseircom should have billed vodafone and then they bill me????????

account <snip>

Hi Bailie

Thanks, Mark
    hi mark i have sent u my details by pm
    just to say again i wasnt an eircom customer when the call out was made by vodafone my take iseircom should have billed vodafone and then they bill me????????
    Hi Bailie

I appreciate you were not an eircom customer at the time when the charge was applied which is why I did state.

" I can not state if the charge would have been applicable had you been an eircom customer at the time".

I will look into it and get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

hi mark

any update re my compliant ...

hi mark

any update re my compliant ...
    Hi Bailie

Apologies, I had a quick check again, we have not received a PM with your details to look into the complaint. Can you send that on please.

Thanks, Mark

very unhappy customer 

i eventually got my problem sorted with eircom they made the error and should not have charged me the technician callout had to speak to a total of 10 agents and finally on the 4th nov the said it was indeed their error i had paid the undisputed part of the bill but not the 100 imagine my surprise on the 9th nov when eircom disconnected my phone for not paying the 100 after speaking to another 3 agents i got it sorted seems one section doesnt communicate with other sections within the company i have never dealt with such a company and believe me i have dealt with quite afew they have no sense of customer care i requested everytime to speak to a manager never any available just to let you know EIRCOM it is a consumers right when an agent cannot help with a query to has access to a manager it is also a right to have the disputed part of a bill or invoice set aside while there is a query on same eircom made 2  errors on my account but expected me to pay the 100 their error and then wait a month for them to credit it back after taking 5 weeks for them to admit they made the error in the first place no words to describe the time and effort i put in trying to have this sorted eircom really really need to start treating their customers better 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

very unhappy customer 

i eventually got my problem sorted with eircom they made the error and should not have charged me the technician callout had to speak to a total of 10 agents and finally on the 4th nov the said it was indeed their error i had paid the undisputed part of the bill but not the 100 imagine my surprise on the 9th nov when eircom disconnected my phone for not paying the 100 after speaking to another 3 agents i got it sorted seems one section doesnt communicate with other sections within the company i have never dealt with such a company and believe me i have dealt with quite afew they have no sense of customer care i requested everytime to speak to a manager never any available just to let you know EIRCOM it is a consumers right when an agent cannot help with a query to has access to a manager it is also a right to have the disputed part of a bill or invoice set aside while there is a query on same eircom made 2  errors on my account but expected me to pay the 100 their error and then wait a month for them to credit it back after taking 5 weeks for them to admit they made the error in the first place no words to describe the time and effort i put in trying to have this sorted eircom really really need to start treating their customers better 

Hi Bailie

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear of this negative experience you have had with eircom. I can understand the inconvenience and disappointment caused by all this.

I would like to suggest that should you have any queries or require any assistance from eircom in the future please get in touch with me here or contact me at our community forum : http://community.eircom.net/

Thanks

Al

hi alan

thank you for your remarks but i hope never to have to deal with Eircom again i am presently writing a letter to someone who i dont know as Eircom dont seem to have anybody in authority that can actually make decisions anyway im asking that i be released from my contract seeing all the bother they have caused me and then hopefully i will go to another provider where i cannot be treated as bad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hi alan

thank you for your remarks but i hope never to have to deal with Eircom again i am presently writing a letter to someone who i dont know as Eircom dont seem to have anybody in authority that can actually make decisions anyway im asking that i be released from my contract seeing all the bother they have caused me and then hopefully i will go to another provider where i cannot be treated as bad...
    Hi Bailie

I can understand your disapointment and reason for wanting to change however I'm unable to make such decisions of this nature from here. Should you wish to take this action and make this request you will need to make a formal complaint and a decision on this will be made on the reflection of a thourogh investigation.

I shall send you a private message including details on how to make a formal complaint.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement