Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 won't replace my phone.

Options
  • 11-10-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anyone else had this problem before and if so did you get it resolved ? I have been an o2 customer for well over 10 years in April I got an upgrade on my account to an iphone5 . Mondaysix weeks ago now the middle button stopped work on the phone so after lunch I went straight to my o2 shop, they informed me it was under warranty and they would send it away to be repaired. It came back three weeks later not repaired because there was two screws missing and the camera was misalined and this could only happen it someone ie me tampered with it so that made the warranty void and that there was nothing they could , can or will do. I didn't get anything done to the phone and I have it insured they also say they won't fix it due to parts missing. So today after talking to both the manager of my shop and a manager in o2 they have informed me there is nothing they have to do because they have proof that phone was tampered with and I can't prove I didn't do it . I informed them of my consumer rights and the response was 'best of luck with that ' . So now am phone less and o2 won't either fix or replacemy phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Has anyone else had this problem before and if so did you get it resolved ? I have been an o2 customer for well over 10 years in April I got an upgrade on my account to an iphone5 . Mondaysix weeks ago now the middle button stopped work on the phone so after lunch I went straight to my o2 shop, they informed me it was under warranty and they would send it away to be repaired. It came back three weeks later not repaired because there was two screws missing and the camera was misalined and this could only happen it someone ie me tampered with it so that made the warranty void and that there was nothing they could , can or will do. I didn't get anything done to the phone and I have it insured they also say they won't fix it due to parts missing. So today after talking to both the manager of my shop and a manager in o2 they have informed me there is nothing they have to do because they have proof that phone was tampered with and I can't prove I didn't do it . I informed them of my consumer rights and the response was 'best of luck with that ' . So now am phone less and o2 won't either fix or replacemy phone.

Just a minor correction here, o2 aren't the problem.

It's Apple and/or the repair company. O2 and other networks have nothing to do with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Consumer Issues is the correct forum for your query. Please use paragraphs and make sure to read the forums charter. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement