Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7:30 am - three white light in the sky ?

• 11-10-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

Someone i know seen three white lights in the sky over west limerick this morning
    They ware in the shape of a triangle and two faded away but one remained

WTF? :eek:

No joke.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Some of the lights under a 737 or an airbus would appear to be triangular in layout and would be bright white.

If your friend spotted it around 07:30 this morning then that would tie in nicely with the early arrivals from America to Shannon as they come in over West Limerick between 07:00 and 07:50 most Saturdays.

Edit: Just had a look at the Shannon Airport website, and there are arrivals around that time every morning. The US flights and flights from Spain/Portugal etc would all be visible over West Limerick due to their routes for landing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

pfft with your logic kess73, It was obviously ALIENS.

OP your best course of action is to hide out in the woods for the next 20 years. I'll give you a shout when it's okay to return to civilized society;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Someone i know seen three white lights in the sky over west limerick this morning
    They ware in the shape of a triangle and two faded away but one remained

WTF? :eek:

No joke.

3 lights in the sky to the west of Limerick?...

I suppose it couldn't possibly be a plane coming into Shannon International Airport?! You know the one, in County Clare, to the west of Limerick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Dagda wrote: »
    3 lights in the sky to the west of Limerick?...

I suppose it couldn't possibly be a plane coming into Shannon International Airport?! You know the one, in County Clare, to the west of Limerick...

Do you read the post before you reply in a smart alec manner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Mc Love wrote: »

In fairness it deserved a smart answer...

• Advertisement

I do.

Lights in the sky in the vicinty of an airport and it's flight paths is hardly a WTF moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Vicinity would be sixmilebridge or something, not out by Templeglantine, could have been a meteor shower. I have seen one before driving past Rathkeale

That'd be the triangular signal of Isosceles Man! West Limericks caped crusader! He was signalling his side kick Scaline.

Vicinity would be sixmilebridge or something, not out by Templeglantine, could have been a meteor shower. I have seen one before driving past Rathkeale

I'm certain it wasn't the actual airport he saw.

Planes fly into Shannon from further afield than Sixmilebridge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A flying toblerone with lights :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's the Monorail...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Flights coming from Spain/Portugal etc would be visible in Abbyfeale/Templeglantine/Athea/Glin etc.

Some of the US flights also would fly over the Estuary and would be easy to spot, especially when dark, from parts of West Limerick.

Another option would have been one of the search and rescue helicopters.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GoOnYouDirt

Lads, yer all gas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

LOL some funny s**t right here

But explain how one light did not move and stayed light not fading like the rest ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aurora Borealis!

tumblr_ltmvpe1aCy1qzr4e1o1_500.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Saw what appears similar over Waterford city last night. Unsure what the hell they were. Three lights , no distinct direction but moving. Actually watched boards to see if anything reported.

Saw what appears similar over Waterford city last night. Unsure what the hell they were. Three lights , no distinct direction but moving. Actually watched boards to see if anything reported.

:eek: we are all doomed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

7216044570_08f8e99986_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It's the Germans checking in on us, or else Yankee military planes!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dani2287

Definitely aliens.

• Advertisement

^ agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Another plane on approach. You've no possible way to determine distance, so your brain assumes that a group of things is at the same distance. I've often seen planes approaching Shannon from the north or northeast, heading directly (both in direction and altitude) for the University/Castletroy, so appearing to hang in the same place for minutes at a time as they descend and come closer, then turning and seeming to disappear as the lights pointed to the west as the planes went to final approach around Broadford.

(I'm an astronomer and I follow planes a fair bit. Not seen anything unusual up there in ~30 years of looking, and I spend a lot of time looking.)

Though Aliens is a far more amusing answer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Popoutman wrote: »
    Though Aliens is a far more amusing answer..

And more correct

All that's needed for that reply..
    586.gif

Advertisement