Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to carpool from west Limerick to UCC ?

• 11-10-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I'm doing a one year postgrad at UCC and am driving up and down daily from west Limerick. Anyone else doing this and looking to carpool ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

NCW feen wrote: »
    I'm doing a one year postgrad at UCC and am driving up and down daily from west Limerick. Anyone else doing this and looking to carpool ?
    I think you driving up and down is lunacy man. Even if you're only in UCC 2-3 days per week, you're still spending 30 quid daily going up and down. That's up on 100 quid per week. You can get a house near UCC for less than 75 per week. I drove up and down from Cork to Croagh every weekend for two years and at the end I was totally sick of it. Can only imagine what it's like to do it 3-4 times a week.

Surely you'd be better off living in Cork for the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

grenache wrote: »
    I think you driving up and down is lunacy man. Even if you're only in UCC 2-3 days per week, you're still spending 30 quid daily going up and down. That's up on 100 quid per week. You can get a house near UCC for less than 75 per week. I drove up and down from Cork to Croagh every weekend for two years and at the end I was totally sick of it. Can only imagine what it's like to do it 3-4 times a week.

Surely you'd be better off living in Cork for the year?

Maybe there are other personal circumstances at play. They didn't ask about the cost of living in Cork.

Advertisement