Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corsair AirFlow Pro problem (bug)

• 11-10-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hey Overclockers and PC Modders.

LOoking for some-one with the answer to this Bug I've snagged in My PC.

I'm sure there are a few of you that might have this bit of Kit, so I though I might try my luck as I've spent the last 2 Nights (6-8 Hours) trying to find solution.

Basically, I Picked up this AirFlow Pro LED Display and 6x4G DDR3 1600MHz 1.65V Corsair Dominator with DHX Connectors.

It Replaced My 6x4G DDR3 1600MHz 1.5V Corsair Vengenances.

The AirFlow Pro Display is not Correctly Showing the Display.

Here are some Pics of My Rig.

24s0.jpg

mfj2.jpg

The LED Display is Stuck on these 6 LEDS. (+3 Faint Greens)

Now the LEDS Change Colour with Ram Temperture so the Display is not Static. It however does not show Activity.

I'm using a LGA 1366 X58 G1 Assassin Motherboard with a I7 - 990X Processor Extreme Edition CPU

SSD Hard Drives

NVidia Cards

1200 Antec PSU

The OLD 24G DDR3 VENGEANCE ran at Perfect 1.5V 1600mhz Flawlessly.
    That is of course the Specification of the Vengenance Memory Dimms

However,

When I installed the 6 Sticks of Dominators the System wouldn't boot.

I had to reduce the Clock Speed of the Ram to 1333Mhz in order to boot all 24G or Dominators Which is does and is stable.

The PC runs fine on 12G at 1600Mhz Dominators (Stable Also).

I think it has to do with the 1.65V on the Dominators as there currently running Default at 1.5V and Custom Profiled 1333 Mhz.

I'm Basically running into two Problems..

First I can't boot 24G Dominators on 1.5V at 1600Mhz. 9-9-9-24, but I CAN boot 24G Vengenance on 1.5V at 1600Mhz.

The Specification of the Dominators voltage is 1.65V.

I've Entered BIOS Switched on XMP Memory Profile. Increased Memory Voltage to 1.66V and tryed Boot.

Still no luck.

I've switched Command rate on the Slots to CR1 instead of CR2 no Difference in operations

I can boot at 1033,1333. but crash at 1600Mhz.

I'm thinking along the lines that the Motherboard is showing its age and now can't deal with the more Extreme Ram Sticks..

Anyone see or advise this Problem I have?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭deceit

I think the simple answer to this is the vengance ram is better and can accept tighter timing/higher mhz and lower volts.
    Ram is only guaranteed to run in 2 for dual and 3 for triple channel configs at its stated settings any larger amount of dimms and you really need to be lucky. You may need looser timing or lower mhz just for it running.

I had that board and it supported 3 different types of ram at 24gb a geil, g skill and vengance set.

Advertisement