Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice sought on Ultralase (Model Farm Rd)

Options
  • 12-10-2013 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

i know someone who is looking to get laser corrective surgery done on their eyes, and he's asked me about Ultralase - has anybody had surgery done there? How did it go, and what was the level of aftercare like?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

They ve gone in Cork , closed more or less overnight and didn't provide any aftercare for post surgery patients, nearest ultralase is Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

You might want to have a read/browse through here Eyeglasses and contact lenses forum. There should be some useful info in there in terms of previous experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Thanks guys. I've looked at the eye glasses forum, thought I would get a faster reply on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I got mine done with Optilase last December and couldn't be happier. I felt I wasn't rushed into anything unlike Optical Express in Mahon Point who were trying to push me to book on the day straight after my consultation. At the end of the day, it's still surgery so I had to think about it.

The aftercare has been excellent too and there has been no quibbles with anything. Be aware that it's possible to bargain yourself on the price so try it out, you could save a couple of hundred.

Advertisement