Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAC Eyeshadow - drying eyelids

Options
  • 12-10-2013 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been using MAC eye shadows recently (making more of an effort in the mornings!) but have found that the skin on my eyelids is getting very dry. I'm getting sore red patches - has anybody else experienced this?

It's not my makeup remover as I had no problems when I stopped using shadows for a few weeks and was just wearing mascara. I also clean my brushes.

Any advice or suggestions on what to use instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hi maybe it's an allergic reaction is it genuine mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

I bought it in BT - so pretty sure it's genuine! It's annoying :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

My sister has the same problem, it's an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the shadows.

I once bought a Clinique concealer in BTs and had a reaction to it, so brought it back and they allowed me to exchange it for another concealer (I went with Bobbi Brown) so maybe MAC will allow you to exchange the shadows (provided you have the receipt and packaging) and you could get something else instead?

If you want to swap with another brand, managers from both MAC and the other brand will have to approve it, otherwise you can only swap for other MAC products.

Thanks - that's great info.

I've had no problem with MAC foundation, lipsticks or blushes - it just seems to be the shadows. Do you know what brand your sister uses instead?

Am open to any recommendations!! Better than having red eyelids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Kerryite wrote: »
    Thanks - that's great info.

I've had no problem with MAC foundation, lipsticks or blushes - it just seems to be the shadows. Do you know what brand your sister uses instead?

Am open to any recommendations!! Better than having red eyelids!
    She's exactly the same, she can use any MAC products bar the eyeshadows and gel eyeliners.

She uses Bobbi Brown, NARS, Lancome, Tigi, Estee Lauder and some other high end brands. She's a make up artist and gets them on her work discount which is why she uses them.

She got me some Bobbi Brown shadows and tbh they are better than MAC I think, they are more expensive, but if you are going to spend that amount of money, spend a bit extra if you can and get Bobbi shadows, they are so pigmented and last for ages on the lids. I have oily lids and the Bobbi shadows never crease or anything, so they are worth the money I think.

I also use IsaDora shadows and find them amazing, they are just as pigmented but a lot cheaper, they do crease after a few hours though (on my lids anyway) so maybe they could work? I've heard good things about Laura Mercier too, but have never used any of their products.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tips - I think a trip to the Bobbi Brown counter is needed! I'll check out Isadora too (although I also get creasing).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Urban Decay do great eyeshadows.

Advertisement