Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free calls, 5GB of data, and 250 webtexts app for €10/month: Tesco Mobile

• 12-10-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭

I wonder can anyone beat this. TM have revamped their mobile app to include 200 webtexts and 50 international texts free every month. The apple app is up and running and the Android app is going live this evening.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057059046

That means that you can now get free calls for a month on all networks including landlines, 5GB of data, and 250 texts per month for €10.

Just opt-in for free calls, top-up by €15 in one top-up if you have a Tesco clubcard registered to you phone number (€20 if you do not) and buy the €10 5GB data add-on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

When you top up on this option, do you actually get €15 credit? Or is it a subscription? Just checking..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not to be pedantic, but does not mean it costs €15 (or €20 without clubcard) per month?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Soarer wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic, but does not mean it costs €15 (or €20 without clubcard) per month?

Yeah, cant see where the OP got the €10/month price. Its €15 per month it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah, cant see where the OP got the €10/month price. Its €15 per month it seems.

No, the cost is €10. By topping up by €15 (€20 without a Tesco clubcard registered to your number) you get free calls (10,000 minutes) but you still have your credit. Then buy the 5GB add-on for €10 (or the 1GB add-on for a fiver if you prefer) which you use to send the up to 250 free texts via the TM app and you still have €5 left in your balance which does not get extinguished. You can carry it over to use to purchase your next add-on, or international calls, roaming, or out of bundles calls etc .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

kn wrote: »
    No, the cost is €10. By topping up by €15 (€20 without a Tesco clubcard registered to your number) you get free calls (10,000 minutes) but you still have your credit. Then buy the 5GB add-on for €10 (or the 1GB add-on for a fiver if you prefer) which you use to send the up to 250 free texts via the TM app and you still have €5 left in your balance which does not get extinguished. You can carry it over to use to purchase your next add-on, or international calls, roaming, or out of bundles calls etc .

So it's €20 a month. (15 with clubcard)

• Advertisement

When you top up on this option, do you actually get €15 credit? Or is it a subscription? Just checking..

Yes its PAYG credit. If you first opt-in for the free calls plan then top-up by €15 if you have a Tesco clubcard registered to your number (€20 if you don't) you get free calls (10,000 minutes) for 30 days. Then buy either the 5GB add-on for a tenner or the 1GB for a fiver as you prefer and download the TM app for the 250 webtexts. Any unused balance from your top-up of course is still available to use as you wish and as for as long as you wish.

You could either express it as free calls, 1GB data and 250 webtexts for €5/month or free calls, 5GB of data and 250 webtexts for €10/month!

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    So it's €20 a month. (15 with clubcard)

If you top up by €20 you will still have €10 credit left to spend as you please on extra add-on's, international calls, roaming or out of bundle calls (if you do not top-up again after the 30 days). There is no time restriction on using your credit but you do need to have opted-in for the free calls plan and top up by €20 (€15 with the clubcard) in one go every 30 days to get the free calls (10,000 minutes).

Tinie wrote: »

You still have €5 credit meaning that the cost is a net €10/month. You can spend the fiver as you see it fit without any time restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Its fecking confusing that way kn... Tesco are making it hard to see what you actually get for your money and im with them a long while.

Too many tesco mobile bargain alerts on here that all turn out to be the same offer or part there of rehashed.

Dont get me wrong, they are good value and i am typing this post on my phone while using the 5gb data for a tenner package... But the service larely is dire with the network going down three times for a good few hours in the past month alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Fair play Tesco mobile. Major cudos. Wrote up this as a suggestion a few days ago seeing as cabbage wasn't working but I don't think I submitted it correctly

• Advertisement

Yes its PAYG credit. If you first opt-in for the free calls plan then top-up by €15 if you have a Tesco clubcard registered to your number (€20 if you don't) you get free calls (10,000 minutes) for 30 days. Then buy either the 5GB add-on for a tenner or the 1GB for a fiver as you prefer and download the TM app for the 250 webtexts. Any unused balance from your top-up of course is still available to use as you wish and as for as long as you wish.

You could either express it as free calls, 1GB data and 250 webtexts for €5/month or free calls, 5GB of data and 250 webtexts for €10/month!

Ah I see. I'd call that €15 per month, as that's what you need to spend to get this deal.

Still a great deal though, even at €20 with no club card (worth getting one just for this deal IMHO).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

If you need a lot of free or cheap calls, please look at www.voipstunt.com

Calls to landlines to Ireland are free too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

its 15 euro in the first month to get free calls.

you have to spend another 15 euro the next month or else you wont have free calls.

then another 15 euro the next month and so on.

you will be spending 15 euro every month.

so how can you argue that it only costs 10 euro per month to get this deal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

green123 wrote: »

you have to spend another 15 euro the next month or else you wont have free calls.

I think it works this way.

First month - €15
    Second month - €5 left over from first month + €10 credit gives u ur €15 and so forth.

unklerosco wrote: »
    I think it works this way.

First month - €15
    Second month - €5 left over from first month + €10 credit gives u ur €15 and so forth.

no, it doesnt work that way.

you need to purchase 15 euro credit from tesco per month to get the free calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

misleading title

So you have to top up by €15 per month to get everything listed in the first post for €10?

That's €15 per month in my books.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah misleading title. Its €15 per month.

Because you still have €5 left over to spend as you wish on other add-ons, international calls, roaming, out of bundles calls, texts and data as you see fit.

how much do you have to spend in the 2nd and 3rd month to get free calls ?

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    So you have to top up by €15 per month to get everything listed in the first post for €10?

That's €15 per month in my books.

No you only need to top-up by €15 to get the free calls, everything else is optional.

You do not need to spend the €5 spare credit in the 30 days - it is never taken off you. You can use as you wish on roaming, international calls, extra add-ons such as another 1GB of data, or out of bundles calls, texts and data.

Everything I listed in the OP is €10/month and is not misleading.

Because you still have €5 left over to spend as you wish on other add-ons, international calls, roaming, out of bundles calls, texts and data as you see fit.

I top up €20 a month on three and get free data etc. and still have the 20 to spend on calls. I don't go around saying it costs me €0 a month because I have credit left over. I can see where your coming from but it still is €15 every month that'll come out of your pocket.

how much do you have to spend in the 2nd and 3rd month to get free calls ?

You have to top-up by €15 every 30 days. But unless you use the spare credit it will always stay on your balance - it does not disappear. So after 3 months and assuming you have not used your phone for anything other than free calls, 5GB of data and webtexts you will still have a balance of €15 credit.

I top up €20 a month on three and get free data etc. and still have the 20 to spend on calls. I don't go around saying it costs me €0 a month because I have credit left over. I can see where your coming from but it still is €15 every month that'll come out of your pocket.

kn

it doesnt matter how much you have left over because like we are all trying to tell you , you still need to spend 15 euro per month of your money to get this deal

But if you spent that €20 with TM your balance at the end of the month will read €10 - it does not disappear after 30 days, in fact it is never taken off you, and you can spend as you see fit when you see fit.

That means that you can now get free calls for a month on all networks including landlines, 5GB of data, and 250 texts per month for €10

That's what you posted in the first post, which actually costs €15 per month.

Therefore the title is misleading.

You have to top-up by €15 every 30 days. But unless you use the spare credit it will always stay on your balance - it does not disappear. So after 3 months and assuming you have not used your phone for anything other than free calls, 5GB of data and webtexts you will still have a balance of €15 credit.

after 3 months you will have spent 45 euro of your money. is that not a 15 euro per month cost ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It doesn't work that way.

To avail of free any network calls and texts you have to top up by €15/€20 in one go each month. It says so on their website.

kn

it doesnt matter how much you have left over because like we are all trying to tell you , you still need to spend 15 euro per month of your money to get this deal

You do not need to 'spend' €15 - you need to top-up by €15, but that still leaves you with €5 of credit i.e. it costs €10 net.

• Advertisement

You do not need to 'spend' €15 - you need to top-up by €15, but that still leaves you with €5 of credit i.e. it costs €10 net.

it doesnt matter that you have credit left.

you still need to spend another 15 euro the next month

you will have 15 euro less in your bank account

tesco will have your 15 euro

how can you not see this ?

Super-Rush wrote: »
    It doesn't work that way.

To avail of free any network calls and texts you have to top up by €15/€20 in one go each month. It says so on their website.

Yes. And I have not said otherwise. But by topping-up by the €15 a month you will still have a €5 balance to spend on a range of services outside of what I listed and there is no time restriction on when you can use it - it does not disappear after 30 days if you do not use it.

after 3 months you will have spent 45 euro of your money. is that not a 15 euro per month cost ?

Top-up for 3 months €45 less unused credit still left over of €15 = €30 net cost. You will still have a €15 balance at the end of 3 months if you have availed of the other services.

Yes. And I have not said otherwise. But by topping-up by the €15 a month you will still have a €5 balance to spend on a range of services outside of what I listed and there is no time restriction on when you can use it - it does not disappear after 30 days if you do not use it.

you have said otherwise.

you are saying its possible to get free calls for 10 euro per month - thats not possible.

you need to spend 15 euro per month to get free calls

it doesnt matter that you have credit left.

you still need to spend another 15 euro the next month

you will have 15 euro less in your bank account

tesco will have your 15 euro

how can you not see this ?

If you deposit €5 in a bank is it 'spent'? No. Its still there waiting to be used, although in this case you can only use it buy TM services. To secure the free calls, 5GB of data and 250 texts costs €10 net.

The biggest problem with this deal for me isn't the price, having to use an app to send texts would be a pain in the arse. I know you can use cabbage but that's not 100% reliable. For the sake of €5 I think 3s offer is better as I'm not a big talker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

having to use an app to send texts

What about the messaging app? :P:pac:

Don't forget the double/triple credit too on-top of your €10/15 credit. Triple in my case ;)

What I tend to do is €10 p/month X 3 = €30.

Buy 1GB data add-on for €6.99, which is now €3 :) Use the remaining €23 for calls/texts, but now I have €27 for calls/texts.

kn

if somebody only has 10 euro in the bank, will they be able to get the deal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

It's a good deal but it doesn't cost 10 euro because your phone bill at the end of each month won't be 10 euro.

It costs at least 15 euro per month to avail of this deal, therefore to avail of this deal it costs at least 15 euro per month.

:)

Ha you know what I mean, it's not the same. Having one app to send messages and one to receive them is hardly ideal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

kn is either taking the piss or is oblivious as it clearly costs you €15 every month to get this deal, NOT €10 like OP said.

Misleading thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I get what the op is saying but the title is misleading.

You top up by 15 and get free calls/texts.

You use the 15 to buy bundles eg. free texts for 10 and 1gb of data for 5.

Any leftover credit can only be used for bundles, not to activate any of the price plans. You'll still have to top up by 15 every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did any of the folks here who are slating kn not visit the Tescombile website? If you have a Clubcard & yuo get vouchers, you can convert the vouchers into €5 mobile credit code. You can then use that code to get triple credit of €15. That can be used as a top-up for the free min/texts. In other words free(or as near free as is possible) talk and texts and 5gb data for 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

Do you have to text (opt in) each month to get the free calls or in the 2nd month when you top up by 15 will add the free calls automatically??

christyden wrote: »
    Do you have to text (opt in) each month to get the free calls or in the 2nd month when you top up by 15 will add the free calls automatically??

Just once and that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Don't forget the double/triple credit too on-top of your €10/15 credit. Triple in my case ;)

What I tend to do is €10 p/month X 3 = €30.

Buy 1GB data add-on for €6.99, which is now €3 :) Use the remaining €23 for calls/texts, but now I have €27 for calls/texts.

I was under the impression that when you switched to this plan offer, you leave behind the double/triple credit offer.
    So then when you top up by €15 you actually get 15 credit and no bonus credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

€15 is the new €10....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Thread needs to be closed. Misleading and confusing to say the least.

Also folks, be aware that if you opt in to certain deals on TM you could be opting out of the deal you are currently in! Check the t&cs on tesco mobile site first.

No ones going to take my all networks/all texts/15gb a month for €25 deal away from me! :-)
    (unless the network goes down again this month and i decide to move to Three!)

Advertisement