Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

loctite 55 pipe sealing cord.

• 12-10-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Been using it for the last few weeks and find it very good.

Any threaded fittings it seems to do very well. Brilliant for the likes of swivel fittings. Not that fond of it in front of cones like hemp and hockwhite. But other than that seems brilliant.

Loads in the big tube and clean to work with.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i've used that too it is good.
    best stuff i had, and you've reminded me to get more, was a tube of liquid ptfe, set hard in a short time, brilliant for parallel threads like gauges no bother getting the angle you want.
    A small bit of heat releases it easily.

Could have done with some yesterday.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

i've used that too it is good.
    best stuff i had, and you've reminded me to get more, was a tube of liquid ptfe, set hard in a short time, brilliant for parallel threads like gauges no bother getting the angle you want.
    A small bit of heat releases it easily.

Could have done with some yesterday.:(

Ill be honest I was put off liquid ptfe after working stints in chemical plants and my job was to disassemble units when they arrived and strip off the liquid ptfe for the likes of normal ptfe, hemp and hockwhite or hemp and stag depending on plants specs. But general rule was complete ban on liquid ptfe.

If be slow trying new sealers but id have great trust in the loctite brand itself.

Advertisement