Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sennheiser RS 140-8 Wireless High SPL Headphones - €69.34 Delivered [Amazon FR]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Id love to know if they are any good. Don't need Em but like the idea of them

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Id love to know if they are any good. Don't need Em but like the idea of them

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Sennheiser are great headphoners. Have RS 180, paind 230 Euros a year ago. and they are just amazing. If RS 140 are half as good it's still a bargain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

If I had the money I would. General opinion seems to be they're like Beats for grown ups, much higher quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

rubicon99 wrote: »
    Sennheiser are great headphoners. Have RS 180, paind 230 Euros a year ago. and they are just amazing. If RS 140 are half as good it's still a bargain :eek:

Sennheiser used to mean quality guaranteed.

They messed up in the 90's with some really awful low end stuff. Really, really awful, as in missing entire 3-8kHz block such that most singers voices barely came through. Can't even blame China, they were made in Ireland.

I've been wary of them since, but it seems they've cleaned up their act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Would love to get these, but I'd miss my inline remote too much.

Yup, I'm that lazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

If its just for a laptop/phone go for Bluetooth FSLZero headphones. There really good quality @ E70

If you really need the wireless and bulky base that comes with it go for these.

I have both and FSL are much better and dont need a base but they are bluetooth so only work with laptop, and Phones. All day battery on FSLZero and better sound quality, comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Media999 wrote: »
    If its just for a laptop/phone go for Bluetooth FSLZero headphones. There really good quality @ E70

Do they fully go over your ears, or sit on them? If its fully over the ear I'm defo picking up a set!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i had a pair of 140s their great for the price, after about 3 years one side went dead, so i upgraded to the RS 170s which have a better cup that enclose around your ear to block out sound and are also digital wireless rather than RF which the 140s are,

great value for money, and a great product,

and these are the RS 180

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Closed-Digital-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B002TLT10I/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1381597083&sr=1-6&keywords=sennheiser+headphones+hdr

big price difference but well worth it, probably be cheaper with a good search, cant remember where i got mine but they werent that expensive at the time,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Do they have noise cancelling feature?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

boobar wrote: »
    Do they have noise cancelling feature?
    the 140s dont, its a flat ear bud on them, so they rest on your ears, the 170s or 180s have cups that enclose your ears for noise cancelling,

Timmaay wrote: »
    Do they fully go over your ears, or sit on them? If its fully over the ear I'm defo picking up a set!

Perfectly over the ear. Way more comfortable and better quality than the Sennheisers which i think are a bit too big and not as good sound quality.

Best comparison is Beats Solos but more oval shaped.

Perfect for a laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

I have both and FSL are much better and dont need a base but they are bluetooth so only work with laptop, and Phones. All day battery on FSLZero and better sound quality, comfort.

Could you recommend headphones that have both bluetooth and a radio built in? I'd be using it mostly at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Del007 wrote: »
    Could you recommend headphones that have both bluetooth and a radio built in? I'd be using it mostly at work

I'm not being funny, and there are probably tons of reasons, but just curious. Why do would you want bluetooth and a radio built in?
    YOu could get a bluetooth transmittar and plug it into most, if not all stereos/radios/MP3 players..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wikey

I have to agree with Media999. 140's do the basic job for sound but they offer little in the line of comfort. There's no shape to ear pieces, they just hang from the band going across the head and as they are quite heavy they slip off a lot. Also, funny as it may sound, my ears get really warm if I wear them for any prolonged period of time and it becomes rather uncomfortable.

Wikey

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm not being funny, and there are probably tons of reasons, but just curious. Why do would you want bluetooth and a radio built in?
    YOu could get a bluetooth transmittar and plug it into most, if not all stereos/radios/MP3 players..

The signal on my phone at work is very bad so I can't use the internet on my phone to access the radio.

The signal on my phone at work is very bad so I can't use the internet on my phone to access the radio.

What source will you be using? Phone?

Im not sure what you mean. What way are you hoping to use it?

edit - ah i see you mean an actual FM radio built into headphones. They dont have and i dont know any good ones that do.

Is phone the only option? Do you have PC / Laptop in work that you could use?

also for future reference anyone reading this after buying FSLZeros i heard people complaining about them disconnecting or not connecting but they are actually not using them correctly. Ill bold it so people can find it easier in a few weeks.

All you need to do is hold the connect button for 8 seconds and youll hear a double beep. Either scan with phone for devices or on Windows Laptop just right click volume and go to playback devices. Bluetooth headphones should be there just right click on them and click connect. Youll start hearing the sound through headphones and your set.

Also a good tip is just while your in the playback devices menu just disable everything else except bluetooth so all that sound comes through is the bluetooth. When you enable bluetooth on laptop they should auto connect.

Cant recommend the FSLZero enough for sheer convenience and quality.

Can you access any other radio? Can you use the internet on your PC?

You could use something like this? http://www.iogear.com/product/GBMA211/
    Cheap version - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005NCZ16S
    I'd imagine you could buy something like this for as little as €2 from China.

Or something like this (makes sense, if jogging that you wouldn't want to carry much else.)

http://www.jabra.com/products/bluetooth/jabra_sport/jabra_sport

I'd imagine any headphones with built in radio would be sacrificing something in performance, but i don't know.

What source will you be using? Phone?

Im not sure what you mean. What way are you hoping to use it?

I don't have a radio on my phone so I'm looking at getting headphones that have a built in radio. I'd also like to be able to listen to music from my phone via bluetooth.

Truthfully FMradio built into headphones is usually a gimmick on a pair and as said already your sacrificing weight and choice at a minimum. Probably savage battery use aswell. These bluetooth last for 8 hours easily and charge in one hour through USB. Either your wall or Laptop just like a phone.

If its just music youre listening to id definitely just download it and put it on phone. If you listen to a specific shows live like a chatshow ive no solution really. Maybe download podcasts onto phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Just got my set of FSLs, most comfortable headphones ever, thanks for the link above! Duno how I lasted before with a set of wired headphones ether!

Timmaay wrote: »
    Just got my set of FSLs, most comfortable headphones ever, thanks for the link above! Duno how I lasted before with a set of wired headphones ether!

yeah there really good. Great battery aswell.

Tried on a set of Beats new headphones the other day and realised how bloody uncomfortable they are compared to FSLzeros. Beats are like a vicegrip onto your head. barely notice FSL.

Edit - Jesus theyre only 50 quid now. Unreal. If youre after a set of headphones get them now. really great present if you need something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

yeah there really good. Great battery aswell.

Tried on a set of Beats new headphones the other day and realised how bloody uncomfortable they are compared to FSLzeros. Beats are like a vicegrip onto your head. barely notice FSL.

Edit - Jesus theyre only 50 quid now. Unreal. If youre after a set of headphones get them now. really great present if you need something like that

Bugger. Back up to €120:mad:

dodzy wrote: »
    Bugger. Back up to €120:mad:

No still 50 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

No still 50 :pac:

It says 119 for me, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭bidiots

The fsl's are 50

Awesome headphones, can't recommend them enough. Got me through a 12 hour shift at work so the battery is pretty good as well

Kenno90 wrote: »
    It says 119 for me, :(

The FSLzero headphones which are much better where talking about :pac:

link a few posts back.

Much better purchase. No way in the world are the Sennheisers worth 120 when you can get FSL for 50 now.

• Advertisement

The FSLzero headphones which are much better where talking about :pac:

link a few posts back.

Much better purchase. No way in the world are the Sennheisers worth 120 when you can get FSL for 50 now.

But they're not really comparable. For a start the FSL are Bluetooth (Automatically sacrificing audio quality).

The Sennheiser have a range of 150m, switchable compression levels and are more suited for TV/Home Stereo etc...

The FSL are more used for portability.

In any case the Sennheiser price is now expired/back to original price.

Allyall wrote: »
    But they're not really comparable. For a start the FSL are Bluetooth (Automatically sacrificing audio quality).

Not true. I have both and the FSL sound better.

Not true. I have both and the FSL sound better.

Each to their own. I'll take your word for it :).

FWIW they're awaiting stock of grade B (Opened box) for £34.99 HERE But it may be a while.

Plus £5 for delivery

I think you're better off paying the extra £4.99 and getting a new pair from amazon. Postage is free with amazon.

iHeadphones are the official supplier and sell through Amazon. They are the only people that sell them. Most likely to keep costs down.

As far as i know what happened was Apple sent out some update a while back which ****ed with a lot of Bluetooth headphones. Tons where returned as faulty before Apple patched the problem. Apple doing their usual pretend theyre not at fault routine so people blamed the headphones or other Bluetooth equipment.

All works fine now. Id say thats why they have so many refurbished headphones to sell.

Amazon or direct theyre coming from the same place.

Advertisement