Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Qualifier news

• 12-10-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Was rather hoping to see some injuries thrown up by the first round of matches last night - just to keep things interesting like.

None that I can see.

The Lukaku express continues unabated with 2 goals before coming off early - presumably as a precaution.

Van Persie bags a hat-trick.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Hey Yo

Paulinho in action for me now against South Korea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Was rather hoping to see some injuries thrown up by the first round of matches last night - just to keep things interesting like.

None that I can see.

The Lukaku express continues unabated with 2 goals before coming off early - presumably as a precaution.

Van Persie bags a hat-trick.

No injuries please. But despite all the goals last night, still no sign of price increases.

Looking like it could stay quiet right up untill the deadline.

Is Giroud off with France?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Hey Yo wrote: »
    Is Giroud off with France?

Scored two

JokerD wrote: »
    Scored two

C'est Magnifique!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Oscar played 90 mis and scored in Brazils 2-0 win over S Korea in Seoul this afternoon.

FHFC wrote: »
    Oscar played 90 mis and scored in Brazils 2-0 win over S Korea in Seoul this afternoon.

I'm considering bringing him in next week for Chelsea game at Home to Cardiff

Do you think it's advisable?

He'd be replacing Gerrard in ym team

Hey Yo wrote: »
    I'm considering bringing him in next week for Chelsea game at Home to Cardiff

Do you think it's advisable?

He'd be replacing Gerrard in ym team

I am thinking of getting him in too but afraid he'll be rested for that game as he's in Seoul today and Beijing on Tuesday. Hopefully he'll be rested in China a bit. Otherwise it'll be Michu for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I am thinking of getting him in too but afraid he'll be rested for that game as he's in Seoul today and Beijing on Tuesday. Hopefully he'll be rested in China a bit. Otherwise it'll be Michu for me.

I have the same worry but in fairness he should be back on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

One of Giroud's goals for France v Australia......

Now do it at home to Norwich you donkey!!!!........:pac:

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have the same worry but in fairness he should be back on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

Yeah, but with all the options he has I'd be surprised if Mourinho plays him in a game he'd expect to win, and maybe to rest players anyway. What day is Chelsea game I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i'd air on the side of caution bringing oscar in this week, as has been said, he has some long journeys on international duty this week, then chelsea play cardiff at home saturday before playing away in germany tuesday, this will be chelsea's toughest champions league game (on paper anyway) so i'd be very surprised if he didn't use one of his many other options against cardiff, who he'll feel he can easily beat without oscar, and keep oscar fresh for a huge game tuesday. (chelsea really can't afford another defeat after their shock defeat at home in the first round of champions league matches)

Think I'm 90% for Michu at this stage. Can still do oscar for Eriksen in 2 or 3 weeks if need be. Feel mata has a chance to stake a claim for that no 10 spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

oscar took a knock on his calf and was feeling dizzy during the game. Scolari has said he may not play on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

If I want to get Oscar in then I've to do it now really as I've my transfer for next week in my mind already. Buying Oscar leaves me with 2.2m in the bank which is what I need for next week's transfer. He looks like he'll rise soon and I can't afford to let that to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

Won't Oscra be jetlegged and a risk to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Scroll up.

roryc wrote: »
    Scroll up.

Gotcha :D

Oscar came on at HT for Brazil v Zambia in Beijing, and has scored already, match still playing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Oscar came on at HT for Brazil v Zambia in Beijing, and has scored already, match still playing...

Modibo Maiga scored for Mali there too today. Neither are WC Qualifiers but hope that's ok for this thread as there's no generic internationals thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Seems like Frank Lampard will return to Chelsea well "rested".

Luiz played 70 minutes for Brazil today,
    There's a lot at stake for a few teams tonight, none more so than England, we can start planning for the weekend around 10 o clock tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

RVP was subbed at half time, anyone know if this is injury related?

darren gibson sounds like a serious injury so in FF terms that means one less everton midfielder for barkley owners to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ozil taken off and straight down to the dressing room with a limp. :mad:

Paully D wrote: »
    Ozil taken off and straight down to the dressing room with a limp. :mad:

You think its bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

L.A.D wrote: »
    You think its bad?

To be honest, on seeing the replay, no. Player running in front of him and said players heel clipped his knee which caused him to go down. He was able to walk off but he was limping.

Knowing my luck this season he will miss an easy game this week against Norwich due to not being 100% fit though!

Mata came on on 58 for Spain and scored. I think he may be worth watching for the next while.

Negredo got the other.

Mata came on on 58 for Spain and scored. I think he may be worth watching for the next while.

Negredo got the other.

Schurrle scored a hat trick for Germany though

Schurrle scored a hat trick for Germany though

Don't think it will garauntee him a place in Joses plans though Mata has responded well to being dropped, and seems to be on form and working his way back into that no 10 role, and we all know what he can do FPL wise if he gets going.

Oscar not making it easy for him mind you but if he is rested this week and mata does well it could finally be the start of his season.

http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/ozil-injury-not-thought-to-be-serious/client/mobile/

Hopefully Ozil ok. Read somewhere else that RVP went off as a precaution due to 'a knock'.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ramsey continued his good form with a goal for Wales.

Oscar came on second half for Brazil and scored.

Was Giroud in action for France?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Morrison scored twice last night for England U-21's

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2461652/England-U21-5-Lithuania-U21-0--match-report-Ravel-Morrison-inspires-England-victory.html

Unfortunately his temperament came into play with an on pitch bust up with Zaha. Apparently it had something to do with him not being allowed take the penalty for his hat-trick, despite Berahino being the chosen penalty taker for the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziY8lT5T9XU

On that note, Berahino scored twice. Could be worth watching if you are in the market for a cheap striker, only £4.5m. We're already spoiled for choice up front though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ward-Prowse scored too

Dude's on a roll :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

roryc wrote: »
    Morrison scored twice last night for England U-21's

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2461652/England-U21-5-Lithuania-U21-0--match-report-Ravel-Morrison-inspires-England-victory.html

Unfortunately his temperament came into play with an on pitch bust up with Zaha. Apparently it had something to do with him not being allowed take the penalty for his hat-trick, despite Berahino being the chosen penalty taker for the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziY8lT5T9XU

On that note, Berahino scored twice. Could be worth watching if you are in the market for a cheap striker, only £4.5m. We're already spoiled for choice up front though...

Was just listening to a bit of Talksport now and Adrian Durham and Darren Gough are raving about Ravel Morrisson, the words special and talent were being used quite liberally and both reckon he should be on the plane to Brazil, I know quite a few here have him, I'll need to get him in myself for that price, he's obviously in a better position than AJ for likelihood of regular starts. Feckit I'd LOVE to have my wildcard back.

Anyone know if Nani played for Portugal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Was just listening to a bit of Talksport now and Adrian Durham and Darren Gough are raving about Ravel Morrisson, the words special and talent were being used quite liberally and both reckon he should be on the plane to Brazil, I know quite a few here have him, I'll need to get him in myself for that price, he's obviously in a better position than AJ for likelihood of regular starts. Feckit I'd LOVE to have my wildcard back.

Durham and Gough are a pair of complete muppets tbf, a rubbish journo and a fat cricketer telling us all about football.........:pac:

There's no middle ground on talksport. But Morrison does look a talented player.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Anyone know if Nani played for Portugal?

Yes! Played well and scored a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Was Giroud in action for France?

Yes. Played 80 min and "almost" scored a goal. Got a header deflected in his own net by a defender.

bezuaua wrote: »
    Yes! Played well and scored a goal

Good stuff, cheers :)

iroced wrote: »
    Yes. Played 80 min and "almost" scored a goal. Got a header deflected in his own net by a defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Worth bearing in mind Uruguay are now in a home and away play off vs Jordan to qualify, Suarez will be travelling 13th and 20th Nov, may hinder his 90 min at Pool during that time.

Really want to get on him myself, had him in my wildcard team week 5 till last minute.

It will prob have to be for Ramsey though so needs some thought. May do Erikson and Ramsey to mata and Morrison next week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ghosttown wrote: »
    Worth bearing in mind Uruguay are now in a home and away play off vs Jordan to qualify, Suarez will be travelling 13th and 20th Nov, may hinder his 90 min at Pool during that time.

He is the one player I wouldnt be worried about in that situation it doesnt seem to bother him and he has never been rested after returning from s america. The game after the play off is a 1245 kick off( 2 1/2 days later) on the sat against everton even with little rest and a long flight back I still cant imagine he will be rested. Even though it probably makes sense to leave him out.

Advertisement