Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malwarebytes Download Question

Options
  • 12-10-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I am anxious to download Malwarebytes software to my PC. I had this software installed on another PC before and do not remember coming across this issue when downloading.

The site I am accessing is as follows: filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes. I select Download Malwarebytes 1.75 - FileHippo at which point a file FreeMediaPlayerSetup.exe is downloaded. When I click on this file I get a security warning from my anti-virus software and do not proceed to run this software. The publisher is Somoto Limited.

Can someone please help with this and provide a safe link in order to download the free version of Malwarebytes.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I usually download (and recommend) cnet for downloading malwarebytes, AVG etc from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Download here.

fYgicjI.jpg

Make sure to disable the first option before you click Finish:

zyxvGMT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

bumper234 wrote: »
    I usually download (and recommend) cnet for downloading malwarebytes, AVG etc from.

Stay away from CNET, they will install a their own download manager on your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Thank you Torqay - this is the site that I had originally accessed but selected the incorrect 'Download' button, which lead me to the FreeMediaPlayerSetup - did not see the correct Download button at the top right hand side of the screen. Again, many thanks for your prompt response.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Phantom download buttons are a way of life these days. A prime example is speedtest.net For a few seconds after loading their home page, they show you a large 'Start Now' button which is actually a download of s/w to 'scan for issues and speed up your PC' i.e. crapware. They then belatedly show you the button you need to press to run the speed test.

Another gripe: Microsoft are now trying to foist all sorts of options into you when you update to a new version of Skype. They have a button you need to press to upgrade but it's located on the right side of the panel and lo and behold, over in the lower-left corner there are options to 'make Bing my default search engine' and some other option that you need to untick, bastards!

• Advertisement
Advertisement