Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquasure repair questions

Options
  • 12-10-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

My neoprene/rubber field boots developed 2 small cracks after a few years' use. I had some black witch in the shed, so applied a small bead over each crack and all was well - but only for a few weeks; it seemed to shrivel a bit then start to peel off.

I'd heard that Black Witch was actually an adhesive and I'd be better off using Aquasure, so I bought some. Reading the instructions, it just says "apply to the area", so I did.

It hasn't really worked - it's really runny and ends up all over the place; so first question is how can I remove this dried-in excess?

Then what's best to do? Should I apply the Aquasure in thin layers with the brush, or is there a better way? Should I try Black Witch or Aquasure with a small patch? I thought Aquasure on its' own would have been ideal as the cracks are less than 2cm long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Aquasure is great at 2 things

1) making a sticky mess
    2) making a mess sticky

But seriously aquasure is the way to go . You need to go inside the crack and cover an area around the crack aswell .

If the boots have started to perish then maybe you should think bout getting them replaced . Somtimes its a faulse economey to repair as with murphys law when its really cold that when you you spring a leak and leads to all types of problems and being cold and wet can be the least of them ��

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Chelon

Aquasure is great at 2 things

1) making a sticky mess
    2) making a mess sticky

But seriously aquasure is the way to go . You need to go inside the crack and cover an area around the crack aswell .

Yeh but how :rolleyes: Any way to stop it running?

I can't really access the interior, it's about halfway down the upper towards the toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Just where you can get it into is all . I cant really tell unless i see your technique or the size . I live and work in blanch if thats any help . You could drop up and id help ya .

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Chelon

I found the Black Witch went on no problem. The difference between it and Aquasure is like the difference between set and runny honey - how the heck do you stop the stuff from running?

Advertisement