Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 12-10-2013 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Banned by Kess73 from the Soccer Forum. I sent him a PM immediately apologising. I was just giving an opinion on certain footballers. I do admit I was previously warned by him not to post again. My previous comments in other forums show that I am an honest and not malicious poster. is there any chance to be giving one more opportunity to be allowed in the soccer forum?

Thanks,
    Keano2012

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to clarify. You were granted access to the Soccer Forum on 6 October. On 8 October you picked up 2 yellow cards plus a red card and resultant 3 month ban. Are you disputing any of the cards (and if so which one) or just the ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Beasty wrote: »
    Just to clarify. You were granted access to the Soccer Forum on 6 October. On 8 October you picked up 2 yellow cards plus a red card and resultant 3 month ban. Are you disputing any of the cards (and if so which one) or just the ban?

yes- i dispute 2 of them-
    (i) I made reference that someone was "trolling". Was a comment made in passing- was not making accusations. Was more tongue in cheek. I wasnt aware of the rule of not being allowed to use the word troll.
    (ii) Second one was for making a comment after being told not not to by the mod. I just wanted to ask why i got a yellow card. That was all.

Like you said i was only a member for 2 days so was not too familiar with the rules. I will read them properly now.

I just feel a 3 month ban is a bit over the top considering the level of offences on trial here. i didnt threaten anyone or anything. Only thing I am guilty of is been overly passionate about soccer. I love it.

What do you think?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Referring to someone as trolling is backseat modding. A yellow card is perfectly reasonable for backseat modding (and could be expected pretty much anywhere on the site) and I'm upholding that

After your 2nd yellow card the mod PM'd you to explain you were one card away from a 3 month ban and to re-emphasise that you must not post in that thread again.

You were told not to post in the thread by a mod both in-thread and via PM, and you immediately disobeyed that instruction by questioning your card in-thread. Again I can see absolutely no reason to overturn that. You should never question mod actions in-thread but should PM the mod if you wish to query a card or ban

Having looked at one or two more of your posts in that thread you could easily have picked up additional cards, for example
    keano2012 wrote: »
    i said he was the exception. read posts properly before posting nonsense.
    Again, backseat modding - if you have a problem with a post or poster you should report it and not respond in-thread

You had less than 3 days in the forum and managed to pick up 3 cards. The 3 month ban is automatic under the forum probation rules and I'm upholding that also

You may ask for an Admin to review this should you wish

new i was wasting my time to be honest. absolute joke IMO. discouraging fresh opinions

Do you want an Admin to review this?

• Advertisement

Do you reckon there is much point to be honest. Kess banned me- you said you wont overturn it. so why admin think differently? ye stick together no?

To me it's very clearcut - you broke the charter on at least 3 occasions in very quick succession, and are now paying the penalty imposed by that charter. You are entitled to ask for a further view from an Admin and I will not attempt to pre-judge what they may say. The choice as to whether you wish to go down that route is entirely yours, so I would be grateful for your confirmation one way or other

nah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement