Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good gaming desktop for around 1000 euro

Options
  • 12-10-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I've been searching for a good desktop for around 1000 euro and i thought id ask here.im looking for a desktop that can run 'Next gen' games at medium to high settings .it would be a great plus if it could be semi portable as in it
    wouldent be too much hassle getting it up and down a stairs.thanks:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 overztr

Go here start a new thread and fill this out.

Lads there will spec you at serious machine for 1000 euro.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842
    1. What is your budget?

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?

5. Do you need a monitor

5a. If yes, what size do you need..

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?

8. How can you pay?

9. When are you purchasing?

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

On the Torqay linked.

I am far from an expert but I would want a far better graphics card for 1000 euro and a decent ssd drive as well, Core i7 isn't need a good Core i5 setup is want everyone is going with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

overztr wrote: »
    On the Torqay linked.

I am far from an expert but I would want a far better graphics card for 1000 euro and a decent ssd drive as well, Core i7 isn't need a good Core i5 setup is want everyone is going with.

I only realised later that OP is looking for a "portable" desktop, what I posted was actually a laptop, and for 1,000 yoyos a FHD display, Core i7-4700MQ and a GTX 765M is about as good as it gets. ;)

Surely you'll get a much better desktop for that kinda money, if you want it to be "portable", use some Mini-ITX case:

gc7jhJF.jpg

BitFenix Prodigy, 404mm x 250mm x 340mm (Approx H x W x D)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

U think i should try build it my self or leave it to the pros

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    U think i should try build it my self or leave it to the pros

That's up to yourself really.

Building it yourself is quite easy, if tricky and a tad confusing at times if you're new to it. If you simply don't have the time or confidence, then get it built.

I recently purchased this from Overclockers.co.uk for €550 including delivery. I upgraded the RAM to 8GB and the Graphics to the Nvidia GTX 650 and it's running everything like a dream. Including Skyrim on Ultra settings with a tonne of graphical mods.

Take a look around the site, I have to admit I'm really really happy with their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

What type of cooling should i go for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

Item|Price
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€34.21
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9|€79.79
    be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 700W - bulk -|€76.03
    HIS HD 7950 IceQ Boost Clock GDDR5 3072MB DVI/HDMI/2xMiniDP|€230.93
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s|€94.99
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Intel/AMD|€29.22
    Intel Core i5-4670K Box, LGA1150|€205.95
    ASRock Z87 Extreme4, Sockel 1150, ATX|€122.56
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€892.67

Hardware Versand will build it for a 20 euro I think. Merc Alpha is a small enough case and would have no problem carrying it up and down the stairs. It also has SLI support in case you want to add a second graphics card down the line. Also contains an SSD. If you have no interest in adding a second card down the line a hundred could be knocked off the price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

The pc for 550 from over clockers is not a good buy at all. Could build a twice as powerful pc for the price. Check out the pc building and upgrading forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

creep wrote: »
    The pc for 550 from over clockers is not a good buy at all. Could build a twice as powerful pc for the price. Check out the pc building and upgrading forum

Yeah, was about to say that. Pretty bad PC for the money. You definitely build a much stronger one for the exact same money

Advertisement