Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Warranty

• 12-10-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi guys .. My speaker on my HTC One SV just randomly stopped working today .. I think it must have blown or something cause I have literally done everything to eliminate it being a software issue .. My phone is still technically under warranty .. Originally the phone is not mine .. a person purchased it back in the start of July and later sold it because he did not like it to me .. I have the receipt for the phone and according to HTC warranty policy its under warranty for 24 months .. What im wondering will I be able to get the speaker repaired for free even though I bought it second hand? I have the original receipt given to me by the previous owner should I just pretend that I bought it myself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

If it was me I would just say I bought it and show them the receipt, why complicate things? I had an issue with a HTC phone a few years ago and their warranty service was brilliant. They came and picked up the phone fixed it and dropped it back to my work a week and a bit later. All for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Hey Yall wrote: »
    My phone is still technically under warranty ..

Technically it's not.
    http://dl4.htc.com/Web_materials/Manual/Warranty/Android/1015_A_WarrantyCard_76x126.pdf

The warranty only transfers if you get written consent from HTC. I'm guessing you didn't do that (as nobody on the planet would do that).
    Maybe the warranty could be different that you have but I doubt it. Warrantys are rarely transferrable.

So if you have the receipt I wouldn't be mentioning that its second hand.
    There's no need to anyway.

Just contact HTC. Say, this phone, purchased in July, for which I still have a receipt has gone faulty.
    You're not lieing there.

Advertisement