Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camo on guns

• 12-10-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hey lads, im looking to get midnight blue camo on my mp5.

What would be the best way to go about it? I know MIA do camo but its a bit pricey. Any ideas, cheers :)

midnight_blue_camo.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

What would be the best way to go about it? I know MIA do camo but its a bit pricey. Any ideas, cheers :)

midnight_blue_camo.jpg

Best way: stop playing CoD :p
    Seriously though you're probably best doing it yourself by overlaying stencils of different patterns. You'll want to start with the darker colour and base it up from there, if i remember correctly.
    Another way of doing it is by spraying the whole gun one colour, like the dark blue for example and then sectioning off different parts, and the spraying the entire gun the lighter blue, then again section of parts and spray it all white/lighter blue so when you peel back all the sectioned off parts the different colours are under it. This does take a bit more paint though but does look better as you're not deciding yourself where to specifically place the stencils, it kind of happens more naturally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

These two videos will give you a good idea of the technique T4RGET was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdWf4s-OI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvHd7GrVHQE

Plus if there are any model hobby shops (esp ones that deal in Games Workshop type stuff) nearby you could call to them. They usually run airbrushing/painting courses or you may even find someone there who will take it on. They are used to painting on plastics and with complex shading and weathering. You'd be surprised as the skill of some of the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Searching...

Cheers lads

And the reason i want that camo on my gun cilian is because its the same colour bottom i wear :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Cheers lads

And the reason i want that camo on my gun cilian is because its the same colour bottom i wear :P

You wear Blue bottoms? you may wana change them for Sunday :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

I do camo spray painting and im pretty sure i could do that, if you want to see some previous work ive done i can send you pics via email?

• Advertisement
Advertisement