Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A space to practice guitar.....

Options
  • 12-10-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone know where I can find a free space in Dublin City centre to practice guitar. Basically there's two of us and we're finding the parks and benches and general outdoors all exceedingly freezing these days.
    My fingers nearly fell off me the other eve!
    I've been in touch with the Exchange in Temple Bar but evenings are all booked out.They didn't really want us using such a big space and that is v understandable.
    I was also in touch with Seomra Spraoi but they declined our lovely offer.

Has anyone one got any ideas please?
    Both of our houses are out of the q.
    We're looking at any place, any time after 4 pm for 3/4 hours.
    Long shot but if anyone could direct us that would be superb....

Sound
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Find a third friend with a more understanding living arrangement?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

Well we're both quite happy where we live tbh but thanks for the suggestion......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

There are multiple rehearsal studios around for such an occasion. They do charge of course. Right in the city centre you have Loop (behind batchelors walk), Temple Lane Studios (under the Button Factory in Temple Bar), Applerock (over near Connolly Station), and there are plenty more on the outskirts of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I'm actually learning guitar from this other dude so recording studios might be a bit of jump too far. Ha!
    I'm kinda thinking community centre or some social space kind of thing.
    Cheers
    S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Could you try some school halls?

I know there's classes on in some of them but surely not every evening. If you phone around you may find somewhere, not sure about the cost though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

Go into Trinity/UCD/DIT find an empty class room and practice away. The music building of DIT near the St Stephen's Green SC might be a good bet.

Good ideas, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

try The Exchange in Temple Bar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Buy an electric and a pair of headphones.

• Advertisement

weldon wrote: »
    try The Exchange in Temple Bar

They are booked during the day and in the evening they would prefer not to use the large space there on just 2 people practising guitar.

Advertisement