Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Missed My Signing On Day Help?

Options
  • 12-10-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I live in Gorey.

My signing on day was Thursday, but I couldn't make it in because I had a stomach infection (and well it made me very sick).

I tried to ring Friday but their was no answers, and I could barely get out of bed.

If I go down first thing Monday morning to the office and explain, will I still get my allowance? Or will it be stopped for good.

This is the first time I have ever missed a signing on date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Go in asap on Monday and explain. As you've never missed signing before it should not be a big issue. They will release the money to PO again and you will be able to collect it later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mischamilo

Yeah? No, I've never missed a signing on date since I started. I am also going doctors Monday, so if they need a note I can get them one, and I tried to ring but theirs never an answer!

Thanks for replying, I am heading down first thing Monday morning to explain, I hope they will understand, as it was a one off and am always on time and make the effort.

Thanks again, I was worried because I missed one signing on date, I would be stopped for good! Which would be terrible as I have no money until I find a job which I am desperately looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

You'll be fine.
    It's only if you miss it a lot or over a period that you'll be pulled up about it.

Just head down Monday and explain. You'll end up having to do late signing (which is basically signing on when they tell you just one AFAIK).

Yeah? I've been worrying all weekend about it, I didn't know. I'm heading down first thing in the morning, get it sorted and explain.

Thank for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jack7

Don't worry, it only happened once so it will b fine. explain that u were sick it will be fine

• Advertisement

I hope so, my mum was saying the same thing as it was only this once, and because I was ill, it should be okay, just that my money will be late this week. I was just worried it'd be stopped for good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Waste of time phoning the social as they never answer. Turn up in person when you have queries.

I rang four times Friday but no answer, so hopefully when I go down first thing in the morning, explain that I was bedridden, they will at least understand. I'll understand if my payment if delayed this week, it will be hard but I understand, I've just been worrying they would stop it all together, which a few here have said they shouldn't as this is the first time I've ever missed a signing on day and it was literally because I was in an awful state ill.

Thank for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GrouchySpice

Hi.

I live in Bray and I forgot that my signing on day was yesterday the 23rd. What happens now? Will my payment be stopped? Bear in mind this was my first signing date after going back on the dole as I had been working a few months. Can anyone please help? I'm panicking!

Also, I know replies are meant for answers to questions but I cant make a new thread for some reason.

Advertisement